scorpions and mushrooms

fiveohatch

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i came across a website that sells luminescent mushrooms and was just wondering if these would harm a scorpion (specifically an emperor) in any way. i think it'd be pretty cool looking to have them in with a scorpion. they don't need any light to glow, so anytime the lights are out you'd be able to see the mushrooms glowing.

it's just an idea that i had because i want to try and grow these mushrooms anyways.

here's a link to the mushrooms that i'm talking about.
http://irie.tc/sb/product.php?xProd=6&xSec=2

DR zuum

ArachnoAntigen
Old Timer
Panellus will not have any ill effect on your scorps.As its spores i suggest using a small oak log bark intact,wax seal the ends drill a hole in the center inoculate with spores,seal opening with wax plug.The mycelium will colonize the log and fruit your luminescent shrooms should be a nice tank set up with the log in there.You do realize this is not going to be a quick overnight growth?Go to fungi perfecti for more info on hardwood cultivation.I wouldnt suggest grain or agar for the purpose you have in mind,as a medium.

Last edited:

fiveohatch

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i know it will take awhile. i was thinking about growing the mushrooms in a tank and then when they're all ready put my scorpion in there, or transfer them to my current setup.

NihonRobot

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I like this idea. I'm subscribing to the thread so I can look into ordering some of those mushrooms when I get home.

I've got an Emp in a jungle/forest type setup, and these sound like they'd look pretty cool in there.