1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scorpion trap

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by SnappyMantid, Apr 15, 2018.

1. SnappyMantid

SnappyMantid Arachnopeon

Darwin
    Advertisement
    Wow! Just walked into this bathroom, and right there are some beetles and large 3-4" scorpions! It appears they walked into the urinal - and the surface is smooth and vertical, which prevents them from escaping. I was thinking it would be cool to make a trap like that to catch your own scorpions. Goodbye pet store!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dave Jay

Dave Jay Arachnoknight Active Member

That's cool! Free pee scorpions! Lol. I remember a toilet block on the highway to South Australias mid north where we would always be "busting" and make dad stop, the toilets and trough were always full of frogs because it was the only water for miles around, it was the high point of the trip!
    The best way to catch scorpions is with a pit trap though, the plastic cup dug into the sand in front of a burrow works well. I've only tried it once, but 7 cups yielded 7 scorpions in the one night. Pitfall traps are good for catching lots of small creatures, when I was a kid a milo tin buried in the ground would provide all sorts of interesting creatures to wonder at.

• Like Like x 1
  3. SnappyMantid

SnappyMantid Arachnopeon

Darwin
    Cool! I will definitely try that! I just drove around Australia, I was taking a shower and there were about ten frogs crawling on me! I've tried something like that, but I caught mice, not scorpions.

• Like Like x 1