scorpion questions

USMC5920

Arachnopeon
I have a few questions regarding scorpions. First, how can I properly sex my emperor scorpions (pandinus imperator)? I heard that if you look at the combs on their belly you could tell...Also, I have a vinegaroon (mastigoproctus giganteus), I've had it for awhile and I don't know a lot about it. It's just a baby and I'm wondering what are the signs of molting. I am looking to buy adult vinegaroons as well as middle eastern camel spiders (solfugids). If anyone has any info about where I could buy some please let me know. Return emails could be addressed to USMC5920@aol.com

avd88

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well to sex your scorp you should check its pectines, usually the ones of the male are bigger, and the "hairs" are longer and there seems to be more of them than the females

USMC5920

Arachnopeon
Thats what I always thought, but I have about 20 emperors in the same aquarium and I'm wondering why none of my females never got pregnant. Whenever I saw one that I thought was a pregnant female it eventually got skinny again (which made me believe it got more food than some of the others) Sometimes I drop 3 or 4 baby mice in on them so they can get the extra nutrients...Also, none of my scorps have ever molted, all they do all day lay is lay in a giant pile underneath their half log/cave. At night they all start walking around and sometimes a few of them can be seen drinking from the water dish. They do the same thing everyday...I'm wondering what I have to do to get them to mate.

Tom Coote

Arachnopeon
Well...

Make sure the conditions for mating are right. With 20 emps it's unlikely they are all one sex. Make sure they have a smooth flat surface for mating and have a humid atmosphere(depending on the species)