Scorpion problems.

Chickenfeeder100

Arachnosquire
image.jpg I'm not the guy who post probably idiotic post (are maybe I am) but my Hoffmannius spinigerus is starting to worry me. Basically he hasn't eaten in 3 weeks and is sitting around the cage for a few days. The tank is usually 80 degrees Fahrenheit in the summer and 76 degrees during fall and winter. The substrate is a mix of vita sand and cocofiber. And it has a few hides.

You can see a tiny glimpse of his tail.

Am I doing his husbandry wrong or is it just a scorpion thing.

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Everything seems to be ok.. i would just keep. Trying every few days. Have you tried switching feeders?

Chickenfeeder100

Arachnosquire
Everything seems to be ok.. i would just keep. Trying every few days. Have you tried switching feeders?
i tried feeding it crickets, then mealworms, and then the darkling beetles (pretty dumb but I was desperate). i'm gonna beg my wife to let me keep some dubia roaches. it is possible that the husbandry is wrong and the tank is too big cause a 5.5 gallon tank is probably to big for my little 1.2 inch sling.

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
That could be it.. i use to have the same issue... they would have trouble finding their foodm putting them in a smaller enclosure with a feeder will get them to come into contact more... it will either ignore it.. eat it... or kill it from being annoyed and leave it dead lol

RTTB

Arachnoprince
I'd put it in a deli cup so it is easier to capture food.

Chickenfeeder100

Arachnosquire
I mean, my problem is not that he is absolutely terrified of his food but the fact that he is just sitting out in the open. I might be over reacting but usually when this happens everything dies.:bigtears::bigtears::bigtears: