Scorpion poop

Scorponok

Arachnopeon
I read that scorpion poop is supposed to be a dry white powder but my emps' droppings have more of a creamy texture, sort of like the inside of a marshmallow. Anyone else experience this?

David_F

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
When it dries it will be powdery. Kinda like bird poop. Can't imagine it would be too comfortable passing chalk through your system...even for a scorpion. :D

Deadly1

Deadliest of Them All
Old Timer
Ive seen my Bicolors poop......they put their tail straihgt down.....and arch up on all their legs.....and yeah it kinda looks like cream , kinda funny actually to see them do it

woijchik89

Arachnolord
Old Timer
How would you like it carpe, if people were posting pictures of YOU when on the john. lol

robbi

Arachnopeon
So scorpion poop comes out before the telson but after the 5th segment of the tail? Just needed to clarify that.

Hannable

Arachnopeon
I just received a scorpion from my boyfriend. He found it in a shipment of roofing tiles from Columbia or Mexico (where all their company's roofing tiles come from). I am not sure what kind of Scorpion this is so if you guys know from the picture, input would be greatly appreciated as to what kind I now have as a new pet. More importantly, he has white substance on his front two claws and a couple wait spots around his back. I attached a picture so that you can see what I'm talking about. I read a lot of other post about possible fungus and to try to wipe it off with a wet Q-tip. I tried this and nothing came off, it seems to be firm and hardened on there. Any advice on what this is or what I should do?
Thanks so much!
Hannah

Attachments

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
I just received a scorpion from my boyfriend. He found it in a shipment of roofing tiles from Columbia or Mexico (where all their company's roofing tiles come from). I am not sure what kind of Scorpion this is so if you guys know from the picture, input would be greatly appreciated as to what kind I now have as a new pet. More importantly, he has white substance on his front two claws and a couple wait spots around his back. I attached a picture so that you can see what I'm talking about. I read a lot of other post about possible fungus and to try to wipe it off with a wet Q-tip. I tried this and nothing came off, it seems to be firm and hardened on there. Any advice on what this is or what I should do?
Thanks so much!
Hannah
Im about 90% sure That would be CENTRUROIDES GRACILIS the Florida bark scorpion. A simple enclosure set up would be an inch of cocofiber substrate. Vertical bark for it to climb on and 1 leaning bark for it to hide . Keep it moist and humid but not too wet

That would be poop all over it. These a notorious for it because of there long tails curled up against them

RTTB

Arachnoprince
If it's from Mexico or Colombia I'm finding it confusing.

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Definitely Centruroides but it would be nearly impossible to narrow it down without a definitive location. Could be from the C. gracilis complex but that also gets tricky.

Also of note, appears to be an adult male.

Hannable

Arachnopeon
Im about 90% sure That would be CENTRUROIDES GRACILIS the Florida bark scorpion. A simple enclosure set up would be an inch of cocofiber substrate. Vertical bark for it to climb on and 1 leaning bark for it to hide . Keep it moist and humid but not too wet

That would be poop all over it. These a notorious for it because of there long tails curled up against them
Thank you so much!