Scorpion Picture Thread

smalltime

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Bioculus caboensis???
Where the hell did you get that from Shaun? Never seen that before.... :clap: :}

VeNoMaTe

Arachnopeon
Ythier said:
Beautiful :), they come from Jeff, no ? ;)
Greetings,
Eric
Yep I was lucky enough to buy a fair bit of stuff from Jeff last month ;) , was a great way to get back into scorpions after a break from keeping them. I have got the bug again and want to build my collection back up.

Shaun

errit

Arachnolord
Old Timer
smalltime said:
Bioculus caboensis???
Where the hell did you get that from Shaun? Never seen that before.... :clap: :}
Yeah,
I never heard of that name before.
You have some awesome and rare species there man. I just can't get enough of the parabuthus sp.
Oh, and how large is the P. Villosus?
The P. Namibiensis looks a lot like A. Hoggarensis.

Last edited:

Ythier

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
VeNoMaTe said:
Yep I was lucky enough to buy a fair bit of stuff from Jeff last month ;) , was a great way to get back into scorpions after a break from keeping them. I have got the bug again and want to build my collection back up.

Shaun
You was more lucky than me, I asked him for these two Parabuthus + the Bioculus, but unfortunately he didn't want (and I understand him) to post them for France :rolleyes:
Greetings,
Eric

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
hehe i asked for the bioculus too, but couldnt pick them up =D

i think you should post more pix of them ;)

VeNoMaTe

Arachnopeon
Must have been some kind of divine sign or something that I must buy new scorpions, I had only just moved when I found they were up for grabs, turned out he lived just down the road from me :D otherwise I would not have been able to pick them up.
The P.villosus is about 3-4 inches long just need to find some more for breeding.
One of the Bioculus shed so will try get some new pictures when I get home.

Shaun

fusion121

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I think everyone wanted these species, me included ;) . Still I'm happy with the O.rugiceps, its been ages since I had a scorpion I cold safely hold.

errit

Arachnolord
Old Timer
3/4 inches, i thought P. villosus was the largest buthid.

Ythier

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
VeNoMaTe said:
The P.villosus is about 3-4 inches long just need to find some more for breeding.
I've also a young villosus (also 3-4 inches), don't know the sex yet...

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
where the hell is bioculus from?

the prosoma looks diplo-like, nice pics

fusion121

Arachnoking
Old Timer
VeNoMaTe said:
The P.villosus could be bigger, not seen it today and I am really bad at guestimating sizes :8o

Shaun

A before and after shed photos of the Bioculus.
Great looking scorpion, do you have a breeding pair?

VeNoMaTe

Arachnopeon
G. Carnell said:
where the hell is bioculus from?

the prosoma looks diplo-like, nice pics
I was led to belive they come from Mexico, but having real problems find any good information on them.

It would be nice to have a pair but dont think I am going to get that lucky, I am guessing the shed one is male and will check the other when its has shed as well.

Shaun

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
nice,
which instar are they?
still babies or subadult?
freshly moulted scorp = the best
one of my grosphus is 5th inst also!

fusion121

Arachnoking
Old Timer
G. Carnell said:
nice,
which instar are they?
still babies or subadult?
freshly moulted scorp = the best
one of my grosphus is 5th inst also!
They are sub-adults, probably about 5th instar, and freshly moulted scorpions always look nice :) (except when they are being eaten by a cage-mate)

redhourglass

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hello Shaun,

Great to see you hook up with Jeff. A great guy with great contacts. I went through him to get a certain book not available in the states at the time of distribution. At any rate, I remember him having an Bioculus years ago and am surprised it is alive still if it is indeed the same individual(s).

George, Bioculus are in deed of the previous family Diplocentridae and from Baja Mexico, Mexico. The key to remember of this genus is that they two lateral eyes per side of carapace unlike three. There are some problems, noted within literature, of the generic placement of Bioculus and Didmymocentrus.

Good luck Shaun,

Cheers.

Sinc. Chad

VeNoMaTe said:
I was led to belive they come from Mexico, but having real problems find any good information on them.

It would be nice to have a pair but dont think I am going to get that lucky, I am guessing the shed one is male and will check the other when its has shed as well.

Shaun