Scorpion not molting

chevy1375

Arachnopeon
Hey guys! I have a baby Asian Forest scorpion that I got 6 months ago. Since that time, she has not molted once. She eats about every other time I feed her and seems to be healthy. Is it normal for them to take this long to molt. She has gotten considerably darker but no larger. I'm starting to worry!

Mrk Socias

Arachnopeon
well its normal, they cant molt and molt even if you over fed them, it will takes time but if you want him to molt faster maybe check your humidity.

Eclipse

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm having the same problem, I have a colony of Arizona Bark Scorpions for about a year now and none of them have molted. But then again I've always kept them around 75F. My old apartment used to be around +80F due to AC problems so I had to crack open windows which caused my apt to become humid. Everything I had would constantly molt lol, now everything takes forever to molt or haven't molted since I've gotten them.

As Mrk Socias said though, check your humidity and heat.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Hey guys! I have a baby Asian Forest scorpion that I got 6 months ago. Since that time, she has not molted once. She eats about every other time I feed her and seems to be healthy. Is it normal for them to take this long to molt. She has gotten considerably darker but no larger. I'm starting to worry!
What temperature are you keeping it at?

As long as the substrate is moist humidity isn't overly critical but temperature will make a difference.