1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scorpion not eating

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by itsdeer, Jul 13, 2019.

1. itsdeer

itsdeer Arachnopeon

IL
    Advertisement
    I got a Mesobuthus martensii on March 29th. She hadnt eaten for a couple months. Yesterday, she had moulted, so im assuming she (i havent determined the sex of her yet, so ill assume shes female) was in premoult and that was the reason she wasnt eating. Today I tried feeding her a mealworm, but it was refused. Later in the day I tried a pinhead cricket but she didnt go after it either. Shes a little on the thinner side from moulting but she isnt lethargic and is drinking. Any ideas/tips? Shes my first arachnid/scorpion. (Housed on dry coconut fiber and bark pecies as subatrate. Temp 77-80 F. Lightly misted on the side of the container every couple of days so she can drink. Not certain what instar but a little over an inch in length)

2. AzJohn

AzJohn Arachnoking Old Timer

I might not be reading your post correct. If she molted yesterday, I would give her a little more time before I fed her.

3. Desert scorps

Desert scorps Arachnoknight Active Member

give it a week or so until you feed her at that size. if she just molted then her exoskeleton is still hardening

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. bobthehobo9

bobthehobo9 ArachnoPilot Old Timer

Like the others said, give her another week or so and she’ll probably eat. She needs to harden up a bit

5. itsdeer

itsdeer Arachnopeon

IL
    Thanks for the help. Ill wait a week.