Scorpion has problems or is dying?

Gabe Contreras

Arachnopeon
Hi, I have an Asian forest Scorpion, I've had her for about 8 months now and she refuses to eat and enjoys sleeping on top of her water bowl. I have tried to feed her myself but she pushes it away when I try, have also tried leaving the food in the tank so she could catch it herself but she enjoys coexisting with it for some odd reason(I give her crickets and hissing cockroaches). She also has a wooden log she sleeps in all the time but lately she hasn't been in the log at all. She now sleeps on her water bowl for some reason and I am unsure if she is attempting suicide or what. If someone could explain what is wrong, it would be a big help.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Hi, I have an Asian forest Scorpion, I've had her for about 8 months now and she refuses to eat and enjoys sleeping on top of her water bowl. I have tried to feed her myself but she pushes it away when I try, have also tried leaving the food in the tank so she could catch it herself but she enjoys coexisting with it for some odd reason(I give her crickets and hissing cockroaches). She also has a wooden log she sleeps in all the time but lately she hasn't been in the log at all. She now sleeps on her water bowl for some reason and I am unsure if she is attempting suicide or what. If someone could explain what is wrong, it would be a big help.
Reads like you're not keeping her humid enough and she's in premoult. Obviously a guess but that's how it reads.

Gabe Contreras

Arachnopeon
Reads like you're not keeping her humid enough and she's in premoult. Obviously a guess but that's how it reads.
She is about 3 years old but I've had her for 8 months, and she has a heat lamp on one side that is perfect temp so I don't know what's up with her.

basin79

ArachnoGod
She is about 3 years old but I've had her for 8 months, and she has a heat lamp on one side that is perfect temp so I don't know what's up with her.
There's the problem. Heat lamp. They dry out the enclosure. Hence why she's over the water bowl. She needs a more appropriate heat source. A heat mat taped to the back/side of her enclosure connected to a thermostat.

Gabe Contreras

Arachnopeon
There's the problem. Heat lamp. They dry out the enclosure. Hence why she's over the water bowl. She needs a more appropriate heat source. A heat mat taped to the back/side of her enclosure connected to a thermostat.
Well that solves one problem but I am still unsure about the other, thank you for helping with one of my questions.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Well that solves one problem but I am still unsure about the other, thank you for helping with one of my questions.
What's the other question?

Also take the live food out. If she does moult they'll eat your scorpion.

Gabe Contreras

Arachnopeon
What's the other question?

Also take the live food out. If she does moult they'll eat your scorpion.
The other question is why she likes to coexist with her food, also I'm pretty sure a 3 year old Asian Forest scorpion would be completely finished molting by now

basin79

ArachnoGod
The other question is why she likes to coexist with her food, also I'm pretty sure a 3 year old Asian Forest scorpion would be completely finished molting by now
Not sure at what age your scorpion reaches her ultimate moult. She doesn't like coexisting with livefood. She's not capable of eating for whatever reason. Take the live food out and then read up on your scorpions care.