scorpion exercise

Boomslang77

Arachnopeon
Do any of you allow your scorpions some running around time away from their enclosure to burn off those calories lol :p???

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
Do any of you allow your scorpions some running around time away from their enclosure to burn off those calories lol :p???
You have some fatties eh? lol

But on a more serious note, scorpions have a very low metabolism and low activity is one of their many means of conserving water loss. So say when that cool looking Opistophthalmus becomes a pet hole don't fret it means it's happy and is perfectly adapted to being a lay-and-wait ambush predator.

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
No, for the simple reason that they don't need exercise, and that if I did in all likelihood I would get stung/pinched and the scorpion would escape.

This is what my snake is for if I want to let something "run around", ha ha.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
Yeah, scorpions even have different modes of predation, some species are active foragers, some species are lay-and-wait ambushers, and some species are a mixture of both. In all truth, exercise is actually counter-productive to scorpions as it will suffer water loss and burning energy it will need to replace.

akazaran

Arachnopeon
As long as you monitor his blood cholesterol you probably dont need to worry about his sedentary lifestyle!:D