Scorpion Euthanasia

itsdeer

Arachnopeon
Something went wrong during the molting process. She came out with many deformed limbs. She can barely walk. Im very worried shes suffering and i dont want to prolong her death. Any methods of euthanasia that are painless? Im not sure on freezing, and I definitely wont crush her. Any help will do

FrankiePinchinatti

Arachnoknight
Sure it just can't walk because the limbs are still soft? It takes many hours after molting for the limbs to harden enough to walk around on. I wouldn't do anything drastic, just wait it out for a few hours and see how she's doing then.

Mordax8393

Arachnoknight
For reptiles, freezing is not encouraged. Nor is beheading or carbon dioxide. Instead, liquid nitrogen, lethal injection, or crushing the head is considered most humane.

snarf

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Cotton balls soaked in rubbing alcohol placed in a mason jar seems a relatively humane way to euthanize inverts sorry its messed up. How long ago did it molt they walk funky after a molt till they harden.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Something went wrong during the molting process. She came out with many deformed limbs. She can barely walk. Im very worried shes suffering and i dont want to prolong her death. Any methods of euthanasia that are painless? Im not sure on freezing, and I definitely wont crush her. Any help will do
Pictures? Should confirm it is really that far gone before doing anything drastic.

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Would it be crass to speculate what might constitute suffering with inverts?

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
It will be far less stressful for the scorpion if you just leave well alone , it may recover, if not it will come out into the open and curl up and pass on - its what would happen in the wild.