Scorpion Enclosure Setups

nocturnalpulsem

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Here we go again...

OK, so here's some new pics. I managed to score the camera, so I'm going to bombard you with pictures of my aesthetic genious ;P

This is my 20L split for 2 S. mesaensis. I love the way this turned out. I finally figured out the best mixture of substrate, however, there was no exact measuring involved, so it's a bit inconsistant LoL

Attachments

Cooper

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I would just use a gatorade lid, they are black. Just clean it thoroughly and you should be set!

nocturnalpulsem

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Originally posted by Cooper
I would just use a gatorade lid, they are black. Just clean it thoroughly and you should be set!
I don't imagine that would be big enough...

And every Gatorade lid I've ever seen was orange. What flavor has a black lid?

N.

alex

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Heres my setup with a emp.
It is my first scorp and I have keeped him in about four months.
Substrate is potting soil.

genious_gr

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by alex
Heres my setup with a emp.
It is my first scorp and I have keeped him in about four months.
Substrate is potting soil.
dude, you're wasting all that space with this setup. Why don't you put the emperor somewhere else and get an arboreal tarantula or a true spiders that makes webs for this one??

Here's tha tank of the only scorpion I got. I swear the water-bowl empties in less than 12 hour every time. Dont know why....

alex

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nice!
What scorp do you have in there?
How big is the tank?

Alexander

Tim R.

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The reason the water bowl goes dry is because the peat gets pushed into the bowl forming a bridge. It's acting like a sponge and drawing the water out of the bowl and back into the peat.

genious_gr

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by Tim R.
The reason the water bowl goes dry is because the peat gets pushed into the bowl forming a bridge. It's acting like a sponge and drawing the water out of the bowl and back into the peat.

hehe, yea, sometimes I find it dry with no soil in it. And in a really short time after pooring in the water. I also have a plastik wrap on the lid to help with the moisture. I keep a H.Longimanous in there.