Scorpion Enclosure Setups

picazo505

Arachnopeon
Here i have cut in half my 10g tank my A. amoreuxi too the left side of the tank,and my C. exilicauda too your right
If u look close u can see my C. exilicauda in the top of the rock were he spend most of the time when he is not hunting for food

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
Nice setups,

One comment/question on your divided 10 gallon enclosure. Does the glass go all the way to the bottom...I am not able to tell from the pic...If not I would strongly suggest that you make sure it does as one (most likely the A.amoreuxi) will eventually burrow underneath...You don't want that to happen.. ;)

John
];')

neveragain

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I thought that A. australis were burrowers? It doesnt seem like it would be able to burrow in that set-up.

I could be wrong though.

neveragain

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by Kugellager
Nice setups,

One comment/question on your divided 10 gallon enclosure. Does the glass go all the way to the bottom...I am not able to tell from the pic...If not I would strongly suggest that you make sure it does as one (most likely the A.amoreuxi) will eventually burrow underneath...You don't want that to happen.. ;)

John
];')

It also doesnt seem to go all the way to the top.

What type of divider are you using, picazo? Are you sure the C.exilicauda wont be able to climb it and get through the little space? Of course you could have a special top for it, but I'm not sure.

picazo505

Arachnopeon
Hi,well for the question about my the A. australis and the enclosure ,i read that they are apportunistic burrowers , this little guy spend most of his time hiding under his hide ,never seem him burrow , as for the question of the 10g cut in half ,yes the devider go all the way from the bottom to the top(nope i made sure that the little guys didnt climb or burrow underneath)the division is made of aluminum (not glass), is too slippery for them to climb ,in my old divider my C. exilicauda used to clib the wall so i made sure that it didnt happen again ,and about the space on the side they are secure, nothing cant go thru .

Thanks for all the comments

E-DUB

Arachnopeon
picazo505: Love the emporer tank! It looks like you have a good drip system. I can't really tell from the pic. Can you describe the system? Thanks.

picazo505

Arachnopeon
Originally posted by E-DUB
picazo505: Love the emporer tank! It looks like you have a good drip system. I can't really tell from the pic. Can you describe the system? Thanks.
Thanks, well the bottom has 1.5"layer of pea-sized gravel,as u can see i got a little tube to fill the bottom with water to keep the humidity up (the tube is connected to a big water bottle were i have to squeeze to get the water to the tank) ,were the gravel is .Top is peat moss around 4", i cant remember the name specific for the plant :? ,is in a big piece of wood were the plant it's stapler too it ,and and my hiding spots are plant pots ,well all of this i got at my local Home Depot:D

nocturnalpulsem

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Originally posted by picazo505
Here i have cut in half my 10g tank
Hey Picazo, how do you have yours secured? I'm working on splitting a 20, but have run into difficulty.

N.

picazo505

Arachnopeon
Originally posted by nocturnalpulsem
Hey Picazo, how do you have yours secured? I'm working on splitting a 20, but have run into difficulty.

N.
I got some aluminum sheets from Home Depot ,(Sale sign) they fit perfect on the side(10gTank) (nothing cant get thru),just got to home depot get ur some cheap aluminum sheets then if u feel that the sides are not secure u can always put some clear silicon,make sure your divider goes all the way to the top and the bottom

picazo505

Arachnopeon
nocturnalpulsem

You can always do it professionaly by cutting some glass with the exact messure,but is more expensive (Home Depot can cut the glass to what ever size u want )

nocturnalpulsem

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I had some plexi cut. It took a couple tries for them to get it right, but I got it. Just finished it yesterday. I'm nearly done with furnishing it. Should have pics up soon.

N.

chau0046

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks to Orion!

Without him I wouldn`t have been able to post these.
Only top view in this shot. about 5" of soil/coconut/sand inthe high end of the slope. You can see my smaller male in the water dish.

Attachments

chau0046

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My adult Centruroides Gracilis temperary home.
Notice the coconut shell, Its a great thing to have with Centruroides and other climbing spp. . It allowed me to closely view Big momma when she had all the young on her back. Also facilitated dropping 1st instars on her back.

Attachments