Scorpion Enclosure Setups

Mr. X

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
No, 2.5 gal is perfect for my Parabuthus liosoma.

I should also put my a.bicolor in a 2.5 gal tank cause 5 gal is way to big for a 2.5 inch specimen...but eventually i will probably split my 5.5 gal in half to put 2 different species.

Peace

Xav

Raan_Jodus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
well, I ended up going to a fish/aquarium store in Barrie Ont yesterday. And I caved, I bought a 5gal Hex tank. (It was only 22$) And today, while I had nothing really better to do, I fixed it up for what I hope will be a small group of centuroides. I found the sweetest piece of driftwood last month, and I knew it was gonna end up in a tank. It was perfect for a hex. Anyway, I put down some pea gravel, some 50/50 peat/soil mix, and placed what few articles of "furniture" I had for it. I have some nice strips of bark I'm gonna glue to the 3rd back panel (just letting them dry now). And get some fake leaves to position to drape over some spots, and I think it will be a very nice lil tank. Got 3 hides ready now, so it should work out well I hope.

Add this as tank #3 thats empty *sigh*

anyway, heres some crappy pics to hold you over. I'll take new better ones soon I hope, maybe when its finished.

BTW, is the glass lid that comes with the hex tank alright? or is it just a better idea to get a mesh top?

PIter

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Does anyone have a picture of a Vaejovis spinigerus set-up?
I could really use some guidence.

Tarantula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My enclosures;

Androctonus australis

Androctonus sp.

Parabuthus leiosoma

Parabuthus transvaalicus

alex

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
They are desert species that don't need more water than they get from prey.

Nikos

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Here are some photos of my setup...
1. is photo of the room that I keep them
2. is the tank that I'll place the a.bicolor pair (now it's only the male in the left room and the female will be introduced in the right)

3.is a photo of the c.gracilis colony (6 adults) and on top of that it'a the plastic boxes that I keep the mothers with the newborns. (gracilis, l.mucronatus,m.martensii)

4.is a photo of the c.margaritatus setup and on top of it its the small boxes with the hottentotta and the leiurus.

5.is a photo of the female a.bicolor that I'll introduce to the setup no. 2

Nikos

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
and some more...

1. is 2 tanks with a heterometrus wroughtoni (left) and a p.leiosoma (right)

2. is a communal lychas mucronatus (around 15 of them) and some happy mothers on top of it. Infront of it is a colony with assasin bugs (white and red) on the left and on the right is a hadrurus arizonensis

3. is a communla m.martensii set up (around 12 of them) and on top of it 2 hadogens sp. and 2 tityus serrulatus. The little boxes n frond of the big tank contain latrodectus menavodi and L.variolus.

That's all till next week ;)

PIter

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Very nice but it seems a bit dry, though she can borrow into the dampness of her liking. I still mean you should mist it a little, emps like high humidety 60-85%. 80% I think is what is recomended by most treads I've seen. And congrat on your new skorp, whats her name?

JDub

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Scorp Setup

Thanks for the tip. Its actually a male and i havent thought of a good name yet? Anyone got any suggestions?

PIter

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
You sure? Looks like a female to me, but to be sure one should look under the skorpion. How about Dingleberry? I got it stuck in my head for some reason :?

Mr. X

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Those are my new set-ups...a lot better than my first ones...you can see them in this thread.

The first one is for my a.australis the second is a pic of my double enclosure (credit to carpe scorpio for the splitting trick...thanx man) On the left side its my a.bicolor and the other side will be for my new scorp from Tarcan (p.transvaalicus)

Then the 3rd picture is an other angle of the a.bicolor enclosure and finally, the 4th picture is a close-up of my futur p.transvaalicus enclosure.

xavier

Mr. X

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Oh by the way, the plants are real...before anyone asks.

peace
xav

PIter

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Are those a real plants? Really nice setups, I'm going to redo my terraries when I get the time. And maybe I'll post pictures, I can't seem to get the upload to work.

Mr. X

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Highlander said:
Nice, are the plants in pots or are they in the soil.
you were too fast {D

no they are not in there pots the woman told me that they can live in sand.

xav