Scorpion Eating too much

Alex99

Arachnosquire
In my Emperor enclosure i have a 6i male and a 6i female. the female has made a pretty intricate burrow that goes across the enclosure. The problem is the male sits at the mouth of the burrow and eats all the prey! i dropped 8 crickets into the enclosure and no joke the male is sitting with 2 crickets in his claws and two in his mouth not allowing any crickets further down the burrow. He did this last feeding as well. I wouldnt care if the mother wasnt pregnant and im considering trying to fish out the male to allow the female to eat. Am i being crazy or should i just let them figure it out on there own.

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
You can drop less feeders, then it won’t be eating too much.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
In my Emperor enclosure i have a 6i male and a 6i female. the female has made a pretty intricate burrow that goes across the enclosure. The problem is the male sits at the mouth of the burrow and eats all the prey! i dropped 8 crickets into the enclosure and no joke the male is sitting with 2 crickets in his claws and two in his mouth not allowing any crickets further down the burrow. He did this last feeding as well. I wouldnt care if the mother wasnt pregnant and im considering trying to fish out the male to allow the female to eat. Am i being crazy or should i just let them figure it out on there own.
Before dumping feeders in there see if you can move the male with a soft straw or similar item. It's not ideal, but whether or not it comes out or retreats in at least it gives some of the crickets a chance to get in there.

Once the babies are born, however, do not drop any crickets in there until they dismount and you are able to separate them.

Alex99

Arachnosquire
Before dumping feeders in there see if you can move the male with a soft straw or similar item. It's not ideal, but whether or not it comes out or retreats in at least it gives some of the crickets a chance to get in there.

Once the babies are born, however, do not drop any crickets in there until they dismount and you are able to separate them.
Ill give that a shot latter tonight when I have a chance.

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
Ill give that a shot latter tonight when I have a chance.
If. the female is pregnant then she has probably eaten most of the .food pevious now she has stopped. feeding the male is probably paying catch up, leave them to sort. it out themselves,also take darkness 975 advice on when the young arrive.