scorpion drowned?

NYAN

Arachnoking
@NYAN i'm just upset because i found her limp and floppy with a little bubble of water right on top of her head, where her top facing eyes are, and i dont know what happened.
I understand. I’m sorry for your loss. It’s part of the hobby sadly, and we all have to bear it. It likely wasn’t anything you could control. Try again in the future.

cinnacinnasean

Arachnopeon
I poked her body a couple times and it looked like a bit of water (or liquid of some kind) came out of her mouth.

Polenth

Arachnobaron
I poked her body a couple times and it looked like a bit of water (or liquid of some kind) came out of her mouth.
You can expect to see some fluid as the body breaks down, so it's nothing to do with cause of death. The smell is also due to this. You're not going to find any more answers from the body at this point.

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
You can expect to see some fluid as the body breaks down, so it's nothing to do with cause of death. The smell is also due to this. You're not going to find any more answers from the body at this point.
@cinnacinnasean Don't worry too much about comments from some members on this forum, I often receive " dis agree " or " dis like " after some of my replies on here - goes straight over my head - Sorry about your lose, it was probably old or wild caught when you bought it so there was nothing you could have done. Try and purchase a young captive bred scorpion and then you have a good starting point.

@Bob Lee Ever thought of joining a circus - they are always after CLOWNS.l

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
I also don't appreciate the fact somebody put the "Funny x 1" on your post, considering we're talking about my dead pet.

My comment was not intended as a joke. I thought it was a possibility that a mistake was made since I was unsure of your experience and your description raised the possibility that you may have been looking at a cast moult. The picture of the remains should probably had been included earlier, as it is certainly not a moulted exo.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
@cinnacinnasean some water would not have caused the aforementioned occurrences.

From the image you posted, it appears that it may have either molted, or attempted to molt, and a complication from that process not going smoothly might have been the cause of the Scorpion's demise.

Unfortunately these types of things sometimes do happen in the hobby.

Other than the lamp you mentioned earlier it appears that the Enclosure was pretty good. Decent substrate moisture and it appears spacious. However, I noticed those two sticks that are going upwards. Another possibility that could have caused complications either for molting or just in general is if the Scorpion made its way up one of those sticks and then fell down, especially if it was on top of the water dish or another decoration. With these guys, especially the larger lumbering species like Pandinus spp. , it is best to not have anything in there that they can climb up any significant height. They are not very adept climbers.