scorpion drowned?

cinnacinnasean

Arachnopeon
i had dribbled a small bit of water into my female emperor scorpion's tank and i checked on her later today and she's just limp and laying there

her abdomen is crinkly and feels almost hollow
she isnt moving and i think she's dead
she had a small droplet on top of her head
what do i do please i'm so upset

EDIT: her tail is dried up and crinkly too
please help i dont want her to be dead even though she already probably is

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Are you sure what you found is not a moulted exoskeleton? The scorpion may be hiding somewhere recovering from the moulting process.

cinnacinnasean

Arachnopeon
Are you sure what you found is not a moulted exoskeleton? The scorpion may be hiding somewhere recovering from the moulting process.
No, like... her body was squishy still not like, hollow as in exoskeleton hollow
I meant like just.... squishy and Bad

cinnacinnasean

Arachnopeon
I also don't appreciate the fact somebody put the "Funny x 1" on your post, considering we're talking about my dead pet.

NYAN

Arachnoking
How was it being kept? Can you post pictures of the enclosure?

Your scorpion probably didn’t drown. It’s fairly difficult for them to, especially a moist species.

Bob Lee

Arachnobaron
A picture would help a lot, the chance of scorpion drowning is low. The chance of it drowning in a tiny bit of water is close to zero.

cinnacinnasean

Arachnopeon
i regret posting here everybody thinks my pet dying is funny ive been crying since last night

@NYAN i already changed the enclosure around but i have an old picture that wasnt far off from how she was kept

HNI_0008.JPG HNI_0010.JPG

NYAN

Arachnoking
Is that a heat lamp?

No one is laughing at your pet dying. What we think is funny is the idea of it just being a molt.

NYAN

Arachnoking
@NYAN it's a normal light that does give off some heat; my room is usually kept extremely toasty though.
Okay, well, heat lamps are bad. They do benefit from some heat, but a space heater or infrared bulb tend to be better.

Was the substrate kept moist? What was the substrate that you used?

cinnacinnasean

Arachnopeon
@Bob Lee i still don't really think it's funny to laugh at a 17 year old's reaction to people putting "funny" on their thread because of the idea that it was just a molt, despite not being a molt, and being squishy and dead.

NYAN

Arachnoking
@NYAN the substrate was kept moist but not soggy or overly damp to the touch; i used regular potting soil with no ferts added
That sounds correct. It is possible that it wasn’t wild caught and died from something out of your control.

cinnacinnasean

Arachnopeon
@NYAN i'm just upset because i found her limp and floppy with a little bubble of water right on top of her head, where her top facing eyes are, and i dont know what happened.