Scorpion Claw Injury

Rudiger

Arachnopeon
Hi,

I have an Asian Forest Scorpion that has a severe injury and I desperately need help for what I can do.

It appears to have a cut on the joint of it's claw and it can't close it up properly or move it. It's a pretty deep gash and while it doesn't appear to be bleeding and the scorpion appears to be moving around just fine, it's been eating in infrequently and I'm very worried about her. Is there anything I can do? I have no idea what caused it.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Terrena Laxamentum

Arachnoknight
If it's eating, I wouldn't be too worried. I would just keep an eye on it for now. I see scorpions like that (Injured or deformed) and they seem to do quite well. Is it a younger animal?

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Hi,

I have an Asian Forest Scorpion that has a severe injury and I desperately need help for what I can do.

It appears to have a cut on the joint of it's claw and it can't close it up properly or move it. It's a pretty deep gash and while it doesn't appear to be bleeding and the scorpion appears to be moving around just fine, it's been eating in infrequently and I'm very worried about her. Is there anything I can do? I have no idea what caused it.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Pictures would help.

I had a Pandinus imperator years ago that was only able to use one of its chela (claws). The other one was injured at some point in its life and it was not able to open it at all, it was permanently closed. It struggled with prey, being only one handed, but I would cripple the prey to make it easier for it to overpower it.

The Scorpion was already mature when I bought it, and did not live much past 8 months, but it did get by with a little help.

Terrena Laxamentum

Arachnoknight
What I also would personally do is tong feed it one cricket or something, then release a couple more crippled prey items. That way you could at least guarantee that it ate at least one.