Scorpion burying prey?

Casey Sanders

Arachnopeon
my scorpion hasn’t eaten in over 4 weeks. I bought it in late January from a guy who couldnt take care of it anymore and since I have 8 tarantulas I was already prepared to take care of it. He told me it was a dictator scorpion but it’s probably an Emperor. Anyways, my scorpion will never chase his prey. I have to put it right in his claws for him to grab it. Once I do, he will Carry it in his mouth for a minute or two and then spit it out and by the morning it will be buried. This happens every time i try to feed him. He is also an extremely active scorpion. Just not when it comes to feeding.

Arachnotroik

Arachnosquire
my scorpion hasn’t eaten in over 4 weeks. I bought it in late January from a guy who couldnt take care of it anymore and since I have 8 tarantulas I was already prepared to take care of it. He told me it was a dictator scorpion but it’s probably an Emperor. Anyways, my scorpion will never chase his prey. I have to put it right in his claws for him to grab it. Once I do, he will Carry it in his mouth for a minute or two and then spit it out and by the morning it will be buried. This happens every time i try to feed him. He is also an extremely active scorpion. Just not when it comes to feeding.
It's normal for them to not eat for some weeks or even a month. How big is it anyway? Instar rather. From my experience Pandinus & Heterometrus species are not good show eaters, specially when they are in their sling - juvenile stage. But when they reach their adulthood? they are monsters.

Casey Sanders

Arachnopeon
It's normal for them to not eat for some weeks or even a month. How big is it anyway? Instar rather. From my experience Pandinus & Heterometrus species are not good show eaters, specially when they are in their sling - juvenile stage. But when they reach their adulthood? they are monsters.
Not totally sure of age but from tail to head he’s a little under 5”

Arachnotroik

Arachnosquire
Not totally sure of age but from tail to head he’s a little under 5”
He's big, might be from 6th-7th instar.Oh, and the burying of the things he spits? it's normal. My male 8i H. swammerdami does it all the time, I though he's just a clean eater, But no. One day I went for a substrate change, and wow loads of things are burried in the substrate.

Casey Sanders

Arachnopeon
He's big, might be from 6th-7th instar.Oh, and the burying of the things he spits? it's normal. My male 8i H. swammerdami does it all the time, I though he's just a clean eater, But no. One day I went for a substrate change, and wow loads of things are burried in the substrate.
So strange