Scorpio maurus dead shortly after arrival

Stevek18

Arachnopeon
Scorpion turned up today (UK weather heat pack was cold) and died maybe 3 hours later, when I contacted the seller was advised he might of warmed up to fast and this killed it.... is this possible? Was transferred into room heated to roughly 75f give or take absolutely gutted first critter I've ever had die on me.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
How was the packaging and how long did it take for the package to reach you?? Because if the heat pack is cold, then either the package was delayed or something of the sort. Heating it too fast which killed it in 75 Fahrenheit temps?? Okay now that seller without a doubt is uneducated for certain. Scorpio maurus are very adaptable to heat. Back 4-5 years ago, my friend had 3 of these, which in the summer we get temps up to 95 Fahrenheit at highest and they was still doing fine. These guys from Africa, so heat couldn't have killed it. If something did, then it was probably either something wrong with the packing, which got too cold. Or either the specimen sold to you was either dying, old, or sick.

Stevek18

Arachnopeon
Luckily another is agreed to be sent out to me and there was no delay was sent yesterday and arrived today I believe as no post on sundays i believe the cold heatpack might of played a part in this and wasnt suitable for length of postage might of only been a 12 hour pack as I've never had one turn up cold before. I wanted to seek second opinion/s just to make sure there was no error on my part in the issue of temperatures.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Luckily another is agreed to be sent out to me and there was no delay was sent yesterday and arrived today I believe as no post on sundays i believe the cold heatpack might of played a part in this and wasnt suitable for length of postage might of only been a 12 hour pack as I've never had one turn up cold before. I wanted to seek second opinion/s just to make sure there was no error on my part in the issue of temperatures.
If you're getting another one, then I wouldn't worry. Best of luck, those guys are awesome.

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
I'm in the UK and I've had scorpions sent from Germany with no heat pack and no promlems.

If the heat pack was cold then the scorpion has gone from 6 - 8 C, possibly colder, TO 24 - 25 C ( 75 F ) in a few minutes, thats one hell of a temp. jump.

When any invert arrives place in a cool area of the room or another room for at least 2-3 hours before placing in its enclosure or anywhere thats very warm, thus allowing it to SLOWLY raise its body temp. to the surrounding area.

Stevek18

Arachnopeon
I'm in the UK and I've had scorpions sent from Germany with no heat pack and no promlems.

If the heat pack was cold then the scorpion has gone from 6 - 8 C, possibly colder, TO 24 - 25 C ( 75 F ) in a few minutes, thats one hell of a temp. jump.

When any invert arrives place in a cool area of the room or another room for at least 2-3 hours before placing in its enclosure or anywhere thats very warm, thus allowing it to SLOWLY raise its body temp. to the surrounding area.
This is true and makes sense now you say it but my h.laoticus, h.a.pallidus and c.versicolor (tarantula) have had this done and all survived which is why I was particularly shocked but then again they all had warm heatpacks when arriving. Guess I'll see if doing that makes any difference tbh he was left out for half a hour ish before being put in the warm