Scorp Vs Mouse

KLiK

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
mimic58 said:
That is no joke either how else could it eat its own damaged limbs , or amputate them, thats not something you see mamals doing.
coyotes are known to bite off limbs if they are caught in a trap. mice have also been found to bite off limbs if they are caught in a trap only by a leg or the tail.

nightbreed

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
KLiK said:
coyotes are known to bite off limbs if they are caught in a trap. mice have also been found to bite off limbs if they are caught in a trap only by a leg or the tail.
Yes they will but they are motivated by fear and desperation, just like that poor guy who got trapped while rock climbing and cut his arm off with a pocket knife :eek:

Inverts will pull a leg of if its slightly damaged, I doubt you'll find a coyote that would chew its leg off if it had a sprain or something :)

FortCooper1982

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Predator said:
I think its ignorant to say that feeding live mice and other things to scorpions, snakes, and whatever is cruel and not right. I would think keeping them locked up in a cage would be just as cruel or worse. I mean it makes no sense to me that you can say its cruel to feed a live mouse to a scorp but its fine to stuff the scorps into a deli cup or small cage for the rest of their lives. I think its healthy to feed scorps lizards and things. I have fed small lizards to my emps on occasion and they love them. Now I love lizards and dont like using them as food but I do it because I believe its a benefit to my emps. There has been times my emps want nothing to do with crickets but put a small lizard in there and they seem soo happy. They wouldnt give it a second thought on grabbing and eating it. My emps never chase a cricket and will only eat it if it comes to them. Lizards well they will rush out and grab it.

I agree with predator to a degree trying too spoil you scorp is fair play, but everyone gets offened by different stuff, i doesn't bother me at all i bet loads of people around here have done it but not shared the tale because of this reaction... half hour was a bit long BUT it was only a mouse

Beeker

Arachnopeon
all iv'e got to say is i feed lobster roaches to my scorps and no matter how they die/get killed/ get eaten they are still kicking for atleast 10-15 minutes...lobster roaches have a lot of heart in them even without legs or a head they still move and also even after being stung 3 times.

now i don't think it's cruel to kill roaches because if my pets weren't killing them id be killing them.

nightbreed

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Beeker said:
all iv'e got to say is i feed lobster roaches to my scorps and no matter how they die/get killed/ get eaten they are still kicking for atleast 10-15 minutes...lobster roaches have a lot of heart in them even without legs or a head they still move and also even after being stung 3 times.

now i don't think it's cruel to kill roaches because if my pets weren't killing them id be killing them.
No problems with inverts they dont feel pain so 15 mins or 15 hours it doesnt matter.

ThatGuy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Talking about bleeding hearts unite ! :wall: the thing is mice do get eatin in nature by scorpions and thats that, but i guess if you are a mouse lover i guess that just sucks to be you.

nightbreed

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
ThatGuy said:
Talking about bleeding hearts unite ! :wall: the thing is mice do get eatin in nature by scorpions and thats that, but i guess if you are a mouse lover i guess that just sucks to be you.
And the award for the most pointless comment in the thread goes to.........Thatguy! congratulations :clap:

Yes mice do get eaten in nature, and if you cant comprehend that that little tank with your scorp in isnt nature then....well I guess that it just sucks to be you {D {D

OneSickPuppy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
so cruelty and suffering is ok or its not. its horrible and atrocious in one sentence and yet ok for a living being in another. indecision will be a crime when i take over the earth next month. short live king OSP!

nightbreed

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
OneSickPuppy said:
so cruelty and suffering is ok or its not. its horrible and atrocious in one sentence and yet ok for a living being in another. indecision will be a crime when i take over the earth next month. short live king OSP!
Exactly how can the roach suffer? It cant feel pain, or do you think it was suffering mental anguish? Berating itself for all those missed chances, like that cute little roach girl at the movies that he never got up the guts to ask out, or not spending enough time with his thousands of kids? A roach has a tiny collection of nerve cells that passes for a brain and there is no way on this earth that it felt anything even remotely like pain.....or mental anguish for that matter :wall:

nightbreed

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
OneSickPuppy said:
then why would it want to get away from the scorpion?
Because it is hard wired to avoid negative stimuli, not because it feels pain.

There is a very informative thread on the subject >here< pay close attention to Code Monkeys posts.

carpe scorpio

Arachnoking
Old Timer
nightbreed said:
Exactly how can the roach suffer? It cant feel pain, or do you think it was suffering mental anguish? Berating itself for all those missed chances, like that cute little roach girl at the movies that he never got up the guts to ask out, or not spending enough time with his thousands of kids? A roach has a tiny collection of nerve cells that passes for a brain and there is no way on this earth that it felt anything even remotely like pain.....or mental anguish for that matter :wall:
LOL!, :D very nicely put.

Empi

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
LOL!This thread just keeps getting better and better! {D

MusicMoshMan

Arachnopeon
I've visited this site from time to time, and just joined the board to comment on this thread!

I have a corn snake, and feed him F/T mice. I also had to watch a monitor and other snakes for several years when my brothers were overseas for the military. They also ate F/T mice. So, I'm not squeamish about feeding mice. I do not like to see animals suffer, though, including mice, because my dad got us a pet white mouse when we were kids and it was a fun pet.

Once I was seeing a woman who had inverts and fed them live mice all the time. I even offered my frozen mice for free but she claimed they wouldn't take the F/T mice. Now, I've coaxed snakes into eating F/T, and felt I could do the same with the spiders and centipedes, but this led to a huge argument and I ended up leaving!

I guess if we had such a disagreement over the nature of suffering it wouldn't have been a good marriage! :)