Scorp behaviors?

Mixcoatl

Arachnopeon
I purchased my first scorpion a few months ago, a male Heterometrus longimanus. After spending hours reading about care, characteristics and anatomy, I still feel like I'm in over my head! :sorry: I'm familiar with the behavior of my T's but I have no idea what is ''normal" for scorpions. He rarely leaves his hide as far as I can tell, eats well (2-3 crickets a week.) When he DOES leave his hide, he tends to pace the enclosure or attempt to climb the glass. Should I worry?

Buthoscorpio

Arachnopeon
That is not unusual behavior for a scorpion. Usually thes hide. Sometimes they explore the enclosure.

Arachnotroik

Arachnosquire
No, you don't have to worry since Scorpions just love to explore their new place. Actually even if they are settled with their new place you will still see them trying to climb up the glass/walls. Eventually some scorpions will get tired once they settled in and just be passive at all times and some will be active only at night.

But i do have one that is active both day & night LOL, specifically a Parabuthus Villosus "Oranje Morph" 6i Male.

Alex99

Arachnosquire
There Honestly normal behavior patterns. Just make sure you keep the substrate moist and try and keep the humidity high to keep him as comfortable as possible. My emperor became aggressive when he realized he wasn't getting out and will no longer allow me to hold him for the time being :)

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
No, you don't have to worry since Scorpions just love to explore their new place. Actually even if they are settled with their new place you will still see them trying to climb up the glass/walls. Eventually some scorpions will get tired once they settled in and just be passive at all times and some will be active only at night.

But i do have one that is active both day & night LOL, specifically a Parabuthus Villosus "Oranje Morph" 6i Male.
I can vouch for what you write about the P. Villosus. I have a black morph and it is on patrol constantly.

InvertAddiction

Arachnoknight
Just as everyone else mentioned, you have a normal scorp doing normal scorp things :p It's cute to hear it clink against the glass during the night which is also a great time to watch it out and about ^_^