Scolopendra

NYAN

Arachnoking
How long was the incubation time on the eggs? I supposedly have one of the giants on eggs right now.

NYAN

Arachnoking
1 month for eggs to hatch
Interesting. People tell me that the gaints have a fast development rate for the eggs. If mine hasn’t eaten them it’ll be 6-7 weeks since they were laid

CHLee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Interesting. People tell me that the gaints have a fast development rate for the eggs. If mine hasn’t eaten them it’ll be 6-7 weeks since they were laid
You’re looking at 2-3 months in total until they’re on their own

Last edited:

Nicholas Rothstein

Arachnoknight
Nope, those species is the one where the offspring eat the mother. I heard it's a necessity for that particular species since it's a natural process.
Wow, that is fascinating. What do the pedelings gain from eating the mom? Maybe helps them with their exoskeleton growth?

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Wow, that is fascinating. What do the pedelings gain from eating the mom? Maybe helps them with their exoskeleton growth?
I can't say to be honest. While I do know the bare basics of pedes, my experience and knowledge on pedes are very vague and not too experienced compared to most other people on this specific thread.

snarf

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Now that is brutal she defends them they gang up and eat her. Very cool photos i love how they cradle the eggs!