scolopendra subspinipes color forms

Is this normal?

• Total voters

Introvertedinverts

Arachnopeon
Anyone know if scolopendra subspinipes pedelings are ever multicoloured like a rainbow and if this is due to being in premolt or sick? Or is it just some weird color form? Just got my first pede a few days ago and noticed it was very colourful. Screenshot_20190105-001406~2.png Screenshot_20190105-001406~2.png Screenshot_20190105-001509~2.png

StampFan

Arachnodemon
I have no idea, but that 'pede is one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. Wow. Pure rainbow.

NYAN

Arachnoking
Uh? I want to say that’s not real.

What was it labeled as and where was it from from?

Salvador

Arachnosquire
It's pretty normal for S.sub plings to be this kind of colour, they lose it as they grow up.

NYAN

Arachnoking
It's pretty normal for S.sub plings to be this kind of colour, they lose it as they grow up.

You’re totally right, but they don’t look like the one in the photo really. The plings I’ve seen are blue and tan pretty much.

Scoly

Arachnobaron
I've never seen that exact colouration, but high blues, greens and reds and a gradient lengthwise the are common in pedelings of certain species such as S. subspinipes, S. cingulata, and others. It is certainly normal (if in doubt ask seller for photos of its siblings) but it will sadly not remain that colour for ever.

S. dehaani
have a different coloured head and body as opposed to a gradient, though the combination varies according to the variety, hardwicki come our in their exact adult colours. Other species are a mix of adult and juvenile colours & patterns.

Enjoy it while it looks like this!