Scolopendra spinosissima

music

Arachnopeon
Anybody have any idea on availability on Scolopendra spinosissima , and if available what is the going price for them...any information on cage set-up and temps;humidity range....and aggression...

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
I haven't seen those around for awhile. Seems that they were being imported a couple years ago in small numbers but whoever had the Philippines connection ceased.

Lurchenstien

Arachnosquire
Apparently Polyped have some, just spotted them on their price list. 45 Euro's plus shipping, for an adult.

dbsruarla

Arachnopeon
they can grow 8inches
very fast and aggressive

나의 SHW-M250S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Andrew101

Arachnopeon
I wouldn't say aggressive, they're just very defensive than dehaani and more willing to bite too.

SamanthaMarikian

Arachnoknight
I wouldn't say aggressive, they're just very defensive than dehaani and more willing to bite too.
mines never been like that. Shes never tried to do anything harmful towards me. Shes just curious n its cute. She even seems really reluctant to bite anything even food ive offered but maybe she just wasnt hungry. im just saying from my experience with the one i have.

Andrew101

Arachnopeon
w
mines never been like that. Shes never tried to do anything harmful towards me. Shes just curious n its cute. She even seems really reluctant to bite anything even food ive offered but maybe she just wasnt hungry. im just saying from my experience with the one i have.
I've kept many spinosissima and none are calm. Always very skittish even with the slightest disturbance. Individuals usually are either skittish or defensive when it comes to maintenance/handling. You're lucky to have a calm individual which i'm jealous because it gets pretty annoying to do assist feeding when they easily trash around when disturbed. I find these species can be very picky so switching prey items will help to get them to eat.

SamanthaMarikian

Arachnoknight
w

I've kept many spinosissima and none are calm. Always very skittish even with the slightest disturbance. Individuals usually are either skittish or defensive when it comes to maintenance/handling. You're lucky to have a calm individual which i'm jealous because it gets pretty annoying to do assist feeding when they easily trash around when disturbed. I find these species can be very picky so switching prey items will help to get them to eat.
Like id offer her a dubia or superworm n she’d investigate it and it wouldnt interest her and she’d go back into her burrow or under one of her cork pieces. She took a superworm ONCE then started eating a leaf and i started questioning how she made it this far in life. Lol. Once shes done with her clutch i will try switching it up and trying to find something new to offer her. And when it comes to handling i would never because i dont want my first centipede bite to be from her . I try to keep interaction other than watching her to a minimum because of that. Just checking to see if shes alive and happy is enough for me to enjoy lol.

pigbloodpond

Arachnopeon
I've seen them around at a couple local shows. Jacob Molieri might still have some, his insta is @mo_bugz

Mkh1337

Arachnopeon
I’ve worked with over 40 spinosissima and I’d say they aren’t the most aggressive pede I’v had but they can be kind of skittish and sketchy. Luckily mine all eat with no problem, they’ll go after crickets and dubias every week unless the shop gets cold. Iv got 18 available right now if anyone’s still looking for them.