Scolopendra Polymorpha Encosures?

basement pets

Arachnosquire
So, my scolopendra polymorpha is getting pretty big he or she is about 3 inches long now and outgrowing his deli-cup, I know that they can get much larger. So what enclosures would you guys recommend for a good display tank? I am a little worried about escapes so I want a good enclosure where he cant reach the lid and the lid has to be secure. Any suggestions are welcome.

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I just use glass reptile tanks with sliding screen lids, then put in several inches of sand and peat moss for substrate, a small cork slab flat on the ground as a hide, and a water dish. You just need to make sure that the distance from the top of the substrate (and from the top of any decor items, hides, dishes, etc.) to the lid is greater than the body length of the centipede.

That said, this is not really a great "display" species. They spend the vast majority of their time burrowed underground. Giving them less substrate so they can't burrow will leave them more visible - but may also stress them out and cause problems when they molt. (They prefer to molt underground, not out in the open.)

Aquarimax

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So, my scolopendra polymorpha is getting pretty big he or she is about 3 inches long now and outgrowing his deli-cup, I know that they can get much larger. So what enclosures would you guys recommend for a good display tank? I am a little worried about escapes so I want a good enclosure where he cant reach the lid and the lid has to be secure. Any suggestions are welcome.
I am currently using deep sterilite tubs for my larger specimens. When I feed the pedes these make good enclosures for viewing the hunt from above, and are quite deep, so there is no danger of the centipedes climbing out. They also have fairly secure, locking lids. As far as viewing from the side, though, they are only semi-transparent.

basement pets

Arachnosquire
I am currently using deep sterilite tubs for my larger specimens. When I feed the pedes these make good enclosures for viewing the hunt from above, and are quite deep, so there is no danger of the centipedes climbing out. They also have fairly secure, locking lids. As far as viewing from the side, though, they are only semi-transparent.
Thank you for the tip! I will probably order some on amazon or go to my local hardware store that usually has that type of stuff. (Also I love your YouTube vids)

StampFan

Arachnodemon
Sterilite with the seal to prevent escape.

My polymorpha is apparently on a winter hide, haven't seen it in a while....

Teds ts and Inverts

Arachnobaron
If you want an enclosure that looks nice, check out Lorex Plastics. They have a ton of nice-looking acrylic enclosures in a variety of sizes. They are pretty expensive though. If you don’t care much about looks, then like everyone else has said, go get a sterilite and drill those holes :)

Aquarimax

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thank you for the tip! I will probably order some on amazon or go to my local hardware store that usually has that type of stuff. (Also I love your YouTube vids)
Hardware stores like Lowe’s or Home Depot are where I typically find them. Thanks for watching my channel! :D

RTTB

Arachnoprince
Gasket seal storage containers is what I would recommend.