Scolopendra pedeling ID confirmation?

Aquarimax

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hello everyone,
I recently collected two pedelings, I believe them to be Scolopendra polymorpha but confirmation or correction would be welcome. Could they be S. viridis? Please take a look at the video and tell me what you think.
Thanks!

NYAN

Arachnoking
I’m fairly sure that’s polymorpha. The ones here have orange heads like that and longer terminals when they are younger sometimes. My understanding is viridis is found In Arizona, but not Utah also but I might be wrong. Oh and also, younger Pedes usually feed on prekilled prey just fine, but at that size you can feed medium crickets live if you wanted I’ll bet.

Aquarimax

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I’m fairly sure that’s polymorpha. The ones here have orange heads like that and longer terminals when they are younger sometimes. My understanding is viridis is found In Arizona, but not Utah also but I might be wrong. Oh and also, younger Pedes usually feed on prekilled prey just fine, but at that size you can feed medium crickets live if you wanted I’ll bet.
Thanks! I know S. viridis can be very similar, so I am glad these appear to be polymorpha. From what ai understand, S. viridis are smaller, more shy, and short lived.

Curiosipede

Arachnosquire
Definitely poly. I have both forms of viridis, and this is not them. Where were they collected? Thatll give us a better idea of how large theyll get for you.

Aquarimax

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Definitely poly. I have both forms of viridis, and this is not them. Where were they collected? Thatll give us a better idea of how large theyll get for you.
Thanks! I was thinking (and hoping for) polymorpha. These were collected in extreme Southwestern Utah, in Washington County, where the elevation is much lower than the rest of the state. The climate in that area is much more similar to Arizona or southern Nevada than to the rest of Utah, so I wouldn’t be surprised if the Scolopendra polymorpha in the area are different from those that can be found elsewhere in the state.

Aquarimax

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Expect at least 4 inches out of them then, i would think
I hope they do well for me. They are so small! I have offered them live confused flour beetle larvae and micro crickets so far. I may just offer prekilled crickets next time.