Scolopendra in my yard

Bob Lee

Arachnobaron
So I was doing the same thing I do everytime the weather is "nice", I was in my yard looking for ant queens and poking harvestman so they run into the spider webs...:rolleyes:
And after I checked all the good spots on my fence I move to the wood brick that's laying next to a wall, for some reason this brick always have lots of insect under it. When I flipped it over I saw a big spider with bunch of slings, and another egg sac that didn't hatch it.
And then, a small red long thing showed up on the edge of the brick... It was a centipede, and it was a scolopendra. I raced inside and grabbed my phone with a cup(I didn't have my container because "somebody" decided my stuff doesn't worth ````````````` and throw it away:rolleyes:)
Sadly the pede was gone before I can catch it or get a photo of it. It has a bright red body with yellow legs, I have no idea what specie it was but it looked really nice. Does anyone know what specie this is? I live in Canada BC and I thought that we don't have any native pede that was worth catching:angelic:.

StampFan

Arachnodemon
So I was doing the same thing I do everytime the weather is "nice", I was in my yard looking for ant queens and poking harvestman so they run into the spider webs...:rolleyes:
And after I checked all the good spots on my fence I move to the wood brick that's laying next to a wall, for some reason this brick always have lots of insect under it. When I flipped it over I saw a big spider with bunch of slings, and another egg sac that didn't hatch it.
And then, a small red long thing showed up on the edge of the brick... It was a centipede, and it was a scolopendra. I raced inside and grabbed my phone with a cup(I didn't have my container because "somebody" decided my stuff doesn't worth ````````````` and throw it away:rolleyes:)
Sadly the pede was gone before I can catch it or get a photo of it. It has a bright red body with yellow legs, I have no idea what specie it was but it looked really nice. Does anyone know what specie this is? I live in Canada BC and I thought that we don't have any native pede that was worth catching:angelic:.
Size? Bark centipede perhaps?

https://www.insectidentification.org/insect-description.asp?identification=Bark-Centipede

NYAN

Arachnoking
Canada doesn’t have native scolopendra species I think. Compare it with with scolopocryptops species.

Bob Lee

Arachnobaron
Canada doesn’t have native scolopendra species I think. Compare it with with scolopocryptops species.
Yeah... I probably guessed wrong XD. It was nice seeing centipede in my yard though, I thought we didn't have anything here.

Celestus

Arachnopeon
More likely to be a Lithobiomorph if this is in Canada, but Scolopocryptops is a viable match too. Cryptops is an unlikely candidate.