Scolopendra heros castaneiceps bite report

RTTB

Arachnoprince
Seems like a bite from one packs a pretty good punch.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Moral of the story is that when one is working with these animals, it is important to not panic. In this case, a test bite became two envenomations because I spooked the animal and panicked. This was a mostly socialized pede as well.
I don't want to sound rude or else but IMO, 'moral of the story' is also: don't handle, for that no matter how much socialized a 'pede can be, they remain unpredictable animals :)

NYAN

Arachnoking
I don't want to sound rude or else but IMO, 'moral of the story' is also: don't handle, for that no matter how much socialized a 'pede can be, they remain unpredictable animals :)
That’s another moral, yes. However, I think the reward outweighs the risk. I do not handle Asian Pedes anymore as those tend to be the most unpredictable and potent.

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
Thanks. I ended up reporting my post and asked if it could be moved, which it was. I like the actual bite reports subform more than this.
I like the way it looks, but it's a little empty you know. I guess that's probably a good thing but I would still like to see a wealth of knowledge there.