Scolopendra heros arizonensis losing legs, fungus?

Nick White

Arachnopeon
My scolopendra heros arizonensis is losing legs. They get a dark spot on the joint and then it deteriorates half the leg rots. What could be happening and how do I save it?

NYAN

Arachnoking
Sounds exactly like mycosis. There’s unfortunately no way to reverse it. You’re only able to prevent it from spreading further by keeping them extra dry. Your Pedes’ best bet is to molt out of it ASAP.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Do you have any coco fiber in the terr? If you do, I'd get rid of all of it and put your pede on rocky, sandy substrate, completely dry but make sure there is a source of water. I often use the tops of this brand of Juice for a bowl https://www.google.com/search?q=sim...zazcAhUInawKHeyMAGoQ_AUICigB&biw=1920&bih=985 It holds more water that smaller bottle caps. Then put flat rock propped up by a smaller thing so it can have a place to hide, ..or piece of wood. Have a screen top, airy, it can recover if it's not too bad, molt and get it's missing legs back.

Nick White

Arachnopeon
Yea hes kept on a mixture of coco fiber and sand. He has standing water that he digs under and knocks over pretty frequently. The other castineceps is kept on the same substate and doing fine

Nick White

Arachnopeon
He does have a screen top and I put a light on his enclosure today to dry out the substrate

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That's better than nothing but if you really want stop it fast, I'd dump that substrate, maybe save it for later or for something else and put a thin layer or bone dry rocks, sand, even half an inch or less would be fine to get rid of that infection.

NYAN

Arachnoking
Yea hes kept on a mixture of coco fiber and sand. He has standing water that he digs under and knocks over pretty frequently. The other castineceps is kept on the same substate and doing fine
Did you receive it like that??

Nick White

Arachnopeon
No I recieved him healthy to my knowledge and have had him for about 6 months. He was sold to me on just coco fiber.