1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The Review & Report forums are closed to new posts. Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reviews. If you do not see a review item for a seller, please contact them and request they create their own review item. If you would like to leave a breeding/bite/sting report, please contact an administrator with the species name that you would like to report and what type of report you would like to leave. We will create an item for you. The Seller/Buyer/Shop Inquiries/Warnings forum is still open for new posts.
    Dismiss Notice

Scales & Tails Northglenn, Colorado

Discussion in 'Petstore Reviews' started by SouthernStyle, Dec 5, 2006.

1. Advertisement
    I've done QUITE a bit of buisness with these guys over the years, Both Rich (north store) and Terry (south store) are always eager to help and definatly good to establish a relationship with. His Inverts are always of good quality and worth looking into, along with his reptiles...Rich and Terry both are always willing to go the Extra mile when it comes to their animals, and that is ALWAYS a good thing!

2. BinarySpider

BinarySpider Arachnopeon

Hey

Hey, I have been there also. Even though it is a drive for me I have noticed that the employees are very well informed even about their tarantulas. They know exactly what they have on hand and if not they will check it out to make sure. They can even quote the correct common name, correct genus name, and correct species name of their tarantulas. This is even right over the phone with the correct pronunciation.

There is definitely "none" of that garbage line, "that is what it was sold to us as" like so many other cheesy stores will use. They seem to use the best breeders and suppliers in my opinion. I would recommend their stores if you are looking for reptiles, amphibians, or inverts.

BinarySpider

3. rodillablanco

rodillablanco Arachnopeon

I agree with those guys. A couple of years ago they bred Indian ornamentals in the store. I've purchased T's from them for less than I could have on the internet. Not to say that most spiders are not sold at reasonable retail prices, just that deals move through there. And I think that's saying A LOT for a pet store. If you're in the Denver area- check them out:clap:

4. ragnew

ragnew Arachnobaron

I agree, both Rich and Terry are top notch guys. Nice selection of just about anything you're looking for, and then some that you're not. I'd recommend them whole heartidly.

5. Palespider

Palespider Arachnodemon Old Timer

I just started going here again, after a few years and much has changed... mostly care wise for their T's. I went in a couple weeks ago, and I started looking closer at their T's for sale, and none of them had water, and looked badly dehydrated. After looking for a bit, I found 2 avics that were in death curls, they were still alive, but barely. They said they don't keep water dishes for any of them, just moisten the substrate, which is ridiculous for adults as anyone should know.

I basically threw a fit about it, hopefully it helped some XD

6. TheaSpider

TheaSpider Arachnopeon

It is my understanding that the individual locations are under different ownerships. The north store(104th) is the one closest to my house and I'm there often for feeders. They take good care of their Ts, (appropriate enclosures, water dishes, proper substrate, so on) and occasionally have really good deals. Employees seem knowledgeable and make sure that people get appropriate species for their skill level. I've heard them warn off beginners from getting flashy aggressive species and they are reasonable and will work with you if you show that you care about the animals. Recommended.

I recently went to two different locations when I was in their area and the Wadsworth store and the Springs store were not nearly so well taken care of (under different ownership) with their Ts not being in as good of condition. Not recommended. I can't speak to the other locations not mentioned.

7. Ashton

Ashton Arachnoknight

I have a completely opposite opinion as of late. The only things I see that are in proper care are their rose hairs. I go over there a lot. I remember that they used to be FANTASTIC, but that was more than 5 years ago. Now the employees act like I don't know anything because I'm 15, when on multiple occasions I have tried to correct their mistakes. And only being in the hobby for a whole 10 months and still being more knowledgeable is definitely a problem in my book. Great feeders though, ask for 10 large crickets I get from 15-40.

8. MrDeranged

MrDeranged He Who Rules Staff Member

New reviews for Scales N' Tails - Northglenn, CO can be found here.