Sc.heros & Sc.dehaani breeding question

khang

Arachnopeon
First, i've got a dehaani pair ( 1 vietnamese dehaani, 1 female thai flame leg that molted 2 weeks before). They mated on 6/21/2018, i saw the sperm web was making and then the male left that area, the female came and picked up the sperm (not sure 100% she successfully pick up or not, but the web was still there and the sperm disapeared after the female came across). After mating, she'd eaten a lot for until august came in, then she's been lazy to eat for these days, she always find somewhere to hide, looks fatter than before. It's been nearly 2 months since the last mating. Do you guys have any idea about it? Will she lay eggs later(need more time)? or re-mate them?
Second, sc.heros mated on 7/8/2018 (12:28 A.M), sperm web was built, the female failed to pick up the sperm, the sperm pack was still there ,until 8:00 A.M on the same day, it disappeared (maybe the female ate or picked up ). On 7/28/2018, i put them together to re-mate them, but the female ignored the male, she attacked the male by her terminal legs (hooked the male on her legs, the male got injured at that time but he's still good), looked like she got the sperm already and didn't wanna get anymore. She's eaten not too much for these days, she doesn't care about the prey i feed her. She looks chubby, she just drink water, eats only 2-3 crickets/ 2 weeks. Is she gonna molt? Or gonna lay eggs? Or anyideas?
Help me guys.

Bill S

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I had a pair of S. heros mate back on June 22. She appears healthy and has a good appetite - but no sign of eggs. Since she's a wild caught female (local) she might be linked to strictly seasonal reproduction, so the breeding may have been just too late for babies to hatch by the beginning of our monsoon season (which is when we see baby ones locally). And I had one wild caught female that didn't lay eggs until a year after she had been caught. Those eggs hatched - lots of healthy babies.

khang

Arachnopeon
I had a pair of S. heros mate back on June 22. She appears healthy and has a good appetite - but no sign of eggs. Since she's a wild caught female (local) she might be linked to strictly seasonal reproduction, so the breeding may have been just too late for babies to hatch by the beginning of our monsoon season (which is when we see baby ones locally). And I had one wild caught female that didn't lay eggs until a year after she had been caught. Those eggs hatched - lots of healthy babies.
So you mean like, it's not a reproduce season for the heros ( i heard about the breeding season of heros is between may and end of summer), but can we still breed them on winter

Bill S

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm hoping she will produce eggs this summer - but getting doubtful. I live in the Sonoran Desert, and many animals here are highly seasonal in their reproductive behavior. The coming of the summer monsoon rains is an important point in the cycle. I would not be surprised if our local S. heros are in tune with that. S. heros is pretty widespread in its distribution, and is found in areas with very different climates and seasons. In some parts of its range there may not be a monsoon season, so animals in those areas may have different reproductive patterns and seasons.
But I'm hoping that captive conditions may reduce the possible link to seasons. I'll just have to wait and see. (And I'm calling it a "possible link", because I don't know for sure. I'm just basing my guesses on when we see babies in the wild here, and patterns of other local wildlife.)