Say hello to stoom pei

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
This is a 1st for me as ive yet to see any unusual scorpions until now. Born without a tail but didnt seem to stop it from grabbing its food and walking around wearing its food as a cape. 20171014_200709.jpg 20171014_200406.jpg

Last edited:

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
Interesting. Will it get a tail after molting do you think?
I really doubt it and im hoping it makes it to a molt. I was shocked when it grabbed its prey and started munching quicker than all the other new babies did. The best part is watching it maneuver.... it looks more like a high speed fork lift than a scorpion lol

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Is there no remnant of the Metasoma at all?

I have to wonder how it will expel waste.

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
Is there no remnant of the Metasoma at all?

I have to wonder how it will expel waste.
There is a little nub there so only time will tell if the lil 1 will make it. I hope so
When it grabbed its food it didnt even do the motion of stinging its prey like all the others do as if it already knew "hey i cant sting it so ill just...chomp "

Stugy

Arachnolord
Wow! Super strange. Never heard of such a scorpion. Let's hope the little guy survives.

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
I really doubt it and im hoping it makes it to a molt. I was shocked when it grabbed its prey and started munching quicker than all the other new babies did. The best part is watching it maneuver.... it looks more like a high speed fork lift than a scorpion lol
If at all possible please get a video of the little one doing this :rofl: He/she already has a fan club so I'm sure we'd all enjoy it. Really hoping they survive!

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
If at all possible please get a video of the little one doing this :rofl: He/she already has a fan club so I'm sure we'd all enjoy it. Really hoping they survive!
I tried getting a video of it eating and doing it's little spin but it was too blurry to bother posting I will keep trying but I don't want to disturb it too much as I want it to have a chance to make it if at all possible. I hope it can poop otherwise it probably won't make it.

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
I tried getting a video of it eating and doing it's little spin but it was too blurry to bother posting I will keep trying but I don't want to disturb it too much as I want it to have a chance to make it if at all possible. I hope it can poop otherwise it probably won't make it.
Shame it was blurry, but I definitely agree, the less stress the better. Yeah, it is weird that part of the body may not be there. Hopefully it is, just not where we would expect it.

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
Im inlove with this lil guy, hope he makes it!
Me too ! It's the only scorp out of the last couple thousand I've kept that I've actually took the time to name ! It's my lil buddy now and I check on it more than any I've ever kept before due to my total fascination of it's abnormality

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
Me too ! It's the only scorp out of the last couple thousand I've kept that I've actually took the time to name ! It's my lil buddy now and I check on it more than any I've ever kept before due to my total fascination of it's abnormality
Well, my female scorpion with the damaged tail and the brood is.....

Pooping! So I've had good news on my front, fingers crossed that this little guy can poop too!

Who knew that'd be a thing we'd have to worry about with invertebrates? Whether or not they're pooping. And they say inverts are boring. ;)

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
Well, my female scorpion with the damaged tail and the brood is.....

Pooping! So I've had good news on my front, fingers crossed that this little guy can poop too!

Who knew that'd be a thing we'd have to worry about with invertebrates? Whether or not they're pooping. And they say inverts are boring. ;)
Well I'm glad your girl is pooping :rofl: Who says inverts are boring .....?

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
Well it appears after 3 meals that lil stoom pei has in fact pooped !!!!
What a relief ( I'm sure stoom pei said the same thing ) 20171019_223100.jpg
20171019_223527.jpg
Its hard to see in pics but there's a spot of white right on his massive tail and a couple little spots of poop in his deli !!!