Saving a centipede?

Kjoygray

Arachnopeon
I found a small Polymorpha centipede on the floor of my house, it will still run when it's messed with but it's really sluggish.

I'm guessing it's either dehydrated or poisoned, my parents had the living room sprayed. It was almost a year ago, but dead scorpions still show up every once in a while.

I put it in an small jar with damp paper towels, is there any chance it will make it?

Kjoygray

Arachnopeon
Posting a photo will help us determine the condition.
Here's a picture. I nudged its rear end when I went to take the picture, and it grabbed me with its terminal legs, uncurled its antennae and moved its head around a bit.
Is the ICU I came up with okay? I have it covered with damp paper towels and only a little bit of ventilation. Should I move it to better enclosure tomorrow if it's still alive?

20180324_221356.jpg

NYAN

Arachnoking
I’ve read that icu’s can do more harm than good with tarantulas. I’ve tried it once with a centipede and it didn’t make it, I’ll let others chime in regarding that. What I can tell you though is that letting it be in a dark quiet place would be good. If you can fill a bottle cap with some water, it may drink from it. I’ve found that when pedes have their head lying on the ground and legs curling it isn’t a good sign. However, if it is acting normal and moving around a lot you could set up an enclosure for it, this is assuming the icu is fine.

LeFanDesBugs

Arachnobaron
No idea about the ICU, I never tried it... you did the right thing and everything looks ok concerning the box.
The centipede, though, is already in a death curl..

NYAN

Arachnoking
After a day in the back of my closet, it is now moving around normally :)

I'll have to get a proper enclosure for it soon.
Have you kept this species before? Glad to hear it’s doing well.

Kjoygray

Arachnopeon
Have you kept this species before? Glad to hear it’s doing well.
I have another one I've been keeping for some time.
I'm glad it pulled through, I was really expecting it to be dead when I got home today.

LawnShrimp

Arachnoangel
Nice work. Polys are tough, one of the few 'pedes that can handle really dry or toxic environments. ICUs work very well with 'pedes if they are dehydrated.