Samson the Bullmastiff.

keks

Arachnobaron
OMG basin, I am soooo sorry, I nearly can't type, I am crying .... What happened to him? I know you don't like humans, but let me hug you. I know what he meant to you.

Gloomcookie

Arachnopeon
:( When I clicked on your video this evening - I was stunned. I want to tell you I am so sorry for your loss. My heart breaks for you. It is never easy to lose a member of your family, and your best friend at that. In your videos you can clearly see the love that you have for Samson and that he had for you. He was so loved and very lucky that you were his best buddy. And while it is true he had an awesome life with you, it is still horrible to lose a close friend, weather they have 2 legs or 4...My thoughts are with you friend. *hugs*

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I'm so sorry for your loss :(
Wishing you strength for the tough days ahead.

basin79

ArachnoGod
I'm still not coming back yet but I've read the comments on my post about my little man dying.

He died on my lap getting talked to, strokes and ear rubs. I kept my tears and screams in and kept things as calm as I could for Samce. He just stopped breathing.

The vet seemed confident it was intercranial (brain tumour) that killed him as it was so sudden.

I dug his grave later that day and with my dads help placed him in it then I filled it in. It was just me and him at the end.

He died on my lap in my mum's car which he loved not on a vets table surrounded by strangers.

Thank you for caring about a dog you've never met. He was my best mate. He was a star. My world. My life saver. My psychologist. My counselling. My psychiatrist. 1 of a kind. Samson the Bullmastiff.

keks

Arachnobaron
Thank you for your statement. I enjoyed every video of him, he was a great dog. I am relieved that he apparently didn't suffer and could go with people around him who love him.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Thank you for your statement. I enjoyed every video of him, he was a great dog. I am relieved that he apparently didn't suffer and could go with people around him who love him.
Apart from the indignity of having me pick him up and carry him to the car and going blind a few minutes before dying he had a death most humans would be grateful of. I'd have given a leg for him to die in his sleep though. But it was better than some dogs go through.

basin79

ArachnoGod
He was my life and I miss him so very much. I get tired from crying but my body finds the energy to cry more. And I'm grateful for it.

basin79

ArachnoGod
And that's not a slight on Pandora or my other pets. Pandora has been brilliant and due to a promise I made her I haven't topped myself.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
I'm so sorry. I just saw he passed, and so suddenly too. Awful. It's understandable when old dogs can't find the strength to live any longer-- hard to accept, but understandable. Getting blindsided isn't even remotely fair. No warning, no justification-- just pain. Pain and loss.

No words will make the hurt go away, only time can dull it. Take the time you need to mourn, and know that your boy wouldn't have wanted to be anywhere but with you when he had to leave.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
:(....
I've never been particularly close to any dog in my life, but some of your posts near brought me to tears.. it's obvious you loved him very much. I'm sorry for your loss.

MatisIsLoveMantisIsLyf

Arachnobaron
Maybe he wanted you not to cry or feel sad, but be happy that he's in the heavens now. He had a great life in pretty sure. Maybe he had the best life for a dog. He was loved by everyone, even people who haven't seen him in real life but only via Internet or YouTube posts. You must be happy that he was lucky to have you as an owner @basin79. Again, much love. I wish his soul rests peacefully. I'm just pointing out that this dog are lucky to have an owner like @basin79.

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
I just saw this and even though it doesn't do justice to the sorrow I feel for you, or what you feel for that matter, I am deeply sorry. Samce was amazing and even though all I knew of him was your words and videos, he will be greatly missed. As little consolation as it is, I think you deserve to be proud of what a wonderful life you two shared and enjoy all the great memories.
Again, my deepest sympathies and condolences...:(:bigtears:

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I was never privileged enough for give him a caress to his big head but I say: Samson is dead, Samson lives!