Samson the Bullmastiff.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
The judges need to stop awarding malformed dogs in the conformation ring. The Kennel Club (KC, in Britain) has revised their standard for GSDs and buckled down on deformed dogs ever since a particularly bad one won breed and people were outraged. Conformation ring trends are mutilating breeds ):

Honestly, in some breeds, backyard breeders have the better dogs because they are often breeding for temperament rather than conformation trends.

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Some breeds just shouldn't exist at all. They are so far removed from their original intention that they can't even perform the tasks for which they were bred. (i.e. English Bulldog). A lot of the conformation requirements for some breeds are completely political and have become downright stupid.

The average backyard breeder does not take temperament or anything else into consideration. They are just breeding to:
-get their money back from purchase of first dog.
-let the kids experience the miracle of life (Gag. Buy the kids a video.)
-get rich quick (Ha ha ha).
-because their dogs have papers (or not...)
-to perpetuate sport/aberrant color patterns (and accompanying disabilities).
-because their friend has a male/female.
The list of dumb reasons to breed goes on.

BYB dogs are not necessarily better, nor even healthier. They tend to come with their own slew of issues from indiscriminate pairings.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Some breeds just shouldn't exist at all. They are so far removed from their original intention that they can't even perform the tasks for which they were bred. (i.e. English Bulldog). A lot of the conformation requirements for some breeds are completely political and have become downright stupid.

The average backyard breeder does not take temperament or anything else into consideration. They are just breeding to:
-get their money back from purchase of first dog.
-let the kids experience the miracle of life (Gag. Buy the kids a video.)
-get rich quick (Ha ha ha).
-because their dogs have papers (or not...)
-to perpetuate sport/aberrant color patterns (and accompanying disabilities).
-because their friend has a male/female.
The list of dumb reasons to breed goes on.

BYB dogs are not necessarily better, nor even healthier. They tend to come with their own slew of issues from indiscriminate pairings.
Bang on the money. Just look at what a Bulldog used to look like. Now look at todays. Poor sods can hardly breath.

There are loads more dogs that the KK have deformed through their "standards".

Spidermolt

Arachnoknight
Sad thing is that here in the US a lot of people are so naive on dog breeds and knowledge that most people would look at that and say "EEK THAT'S A PIT BULL!!!" even thought 1st that isn't a pit and 2nd pits aren't even that bad at all. I worked at an animal shelter and they're my favorite breed!..

back on topic that's a cute fella you've got there!!!

Kymura

Arachnoknight
Thank you for sharing these!
What a gorgeous goofy guy.
He's just beautiful, I so enjoy these videos.

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
Samson's a poser!! My dogs ripped into their squeekies on the solstice!!
I had to take them away so I could sleep!