Safe to keep on top of bearded dragon terrarium.

ultraspider

Arachnopeon

I am fairly limited in a studio apartment and visiting kids where I can place Ts housing. Theyre Avicularia, and Acanthoscurria chacoana. I don't know if its a really bad idea to place them on top of bearded dragon display case. It is made of thick wood but does give off a little bit of heat from lamp.

I tried to include the details into the picture. Thermostat reads 80 where they are placed. The heat lamp is on opposite side. I have those yellow heat mats down underneath. The terrarium is not that warm since its a wood box, although the side where the heat lamp is on you can feel a slight warmth with hand so I would not want to put them on that side.

At 80 degrees where its sitting is this a really bad idea to have them ontop of a box with a heat lamp inside of it? I definitely can find a better location just would like them where they are.

If they stay there I NEED to remember to shut glass door on bearded dragon in case one of the Ts decides to escape and jump in there with the bearded dragon, I think that would be really bad for both animals probably :(

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
If you have a temp gun, check the temp of the actual lid they're sitting on. As long as it's not hotter, they should be completely fine. Just know that the higher temps will speed up their metabolisms.

I now see the temp gun lol.

Last edited:

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
Yeah definition check the temperature. We have a light under a cupboard in our kitchen and if you put your hand on the cabinet floor right above where the light is set up, it gets warm through the wood.

ultraspider

Arachnopeon
If you have a temp gun, check the temp of the actual lid they're sitting on. As long as it's not hotter, they should be completely fine. Just know that the higher temps will speed up their metabolisms.

I now see the temp gun lol.

I think I may want to just find a new place for them, I've only had them for a few days up there, in winter it should be better.... cheap off amazon the temp gun is best thing ever, helped me with bearded dragon to make sure basking spot is at right temperature. I get nervous about pets like this that require some environment detail...

They do get decent humity there atleast I see it in the substrates...

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
I think I may want to just find a new place for them, I've only had them for a few days up there, in winter it should be better.... cheap off amazon the temp gun is best thing ever, helped me with bearded dragon to make sure basking spot is at right temperature. I get nervous about pets like this that require some environment detail...

They do get decent humity there atleast I see it in the substrates...
It looks perfectly fine to me, do you have a temperature reading for the area where you're housing the T's, if it's between 70f-75f then they will be fine right there, I can see why you would want to keep them there, great place to display them, especially when they're bigger.

ultraspider

Arachnopeon
It looks perfectly fine to me, do you have a temperature reading for the area where you're housing the T's, if it's between 70f-75f then they will be fine right there, I can see why you would want to keep them there, great place to display them, especially when they're bigger.
Maybe I'll leave a.c. on low when I leave im getting 80 degree air temp there...im going to try moving them maybe put them back in winter

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I think you'll be fine with them sitting there. Make sure to keep an eye on the moisture and not let them dry out.

If you had an open (screen) top on your BD enclosure I'd be more concerned.

In the long run, I'd get a nice wide wall mount shelf to keep them on if it were me.

ultraspider

Arachnopeon
I think you'll be fine with them sitting there. Make sure to keep an eye on the moisture and not let them dry out.

If you had an open (screen) top on your BD enclosure I'd be more concerned.

In the long run, I'd get a nice wide wall mount shelf to keep them on if it were me.
That's a good idea for wall mount...hmm ty