safe silicone for reptiles?

Potatatas

Arachnoknight
I know this question has been asked a few times but I'm a little nervous of getting the wrong stuff. I used aquarium silicone I found on ebay but have run out and dont really want to wait for delivery. Does anyone use silicone from screwfix/b&q/local diy shop? If so what brand do you use? I know it has to contain no anti mould or fungicide chemicals but worried that even if the description doesnt explicitly say it contains it, it might still contain them anyway. Cheers!

(Copied from reptileforums, no reply there)

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
I know this question has been asked a few times but I'm a little nervous of getting the wrong stuff. I used aquarium silicone I found on ebay but have run out and dont really want to wait for delivery. Does anyone use silicone from screwfix/b&q/local diy shop? If so what brand do you use? I know it has to contain no anti mould or fungicide chemicals but worried that even if the description doesnt explicitly say it contains it, it might still contain them anyway. Cheers!

(Copied from reptileforums, no reply there)
I've used EVERBUILD GLAZING SILICON 225 from Toolstation Product Code 54395 £4.34. before with no problems. It dries clear as well.

Mini8leggedfreak

Arachnoknight
I just went out and found 100% silicon not the half silicon stuff that’s made with something else.

Not sure what stores I have near u but I found it at Rona, lows, Home Depot...I didn’t look at Walmart though

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
GE silicone 1 clear. Widely available and cheap. DO NOT get GE silicone 2 as this contains a fungicide.

Rhino1

Arachnobaron
Not sure what you have available in your part of the world. Here Ive always used selleys, all clear is the product name anyways there is a picture of a fish tank on the back and is the only one stocked on the shelves here without fungicide/ mould inhibitors in it.