Safe for terrarium???

arachnofab

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ok - so this was the only spray foam i could find at the store and it says to wear safety protection when using - my only question is I realize when its fresh like anything its usually not good to inhale but would this be fine after a few days for my tarantula? I plan on trying a test piece just to see how long afterwards it still smells toxic - I guess what i'm trying to ask is - Is there a certain product any of you used that is the safest for this projects or is this crack filler foam just fine? Thanks a bunch guys.

IMG_1218.jpg

poisoned

Arachnodemon
I think it should be fine. It doesn't really smell toxic, so your smell won't tell a lot. Just let it cure for a week.

Peter Parker

Arachnosquire
I agree with Samurai and poisoned
Once you spray it on the walls of the glass let it sit until the surface gets hard. Preferably do this in a garage or outside. Each day I would use a metal grill skewer and poke it all the way through until I can see it on the glass. Do this every where. If there is any sticky residue on the Metal grill skewer when you pull it out then it is still curing. Let cure until it is 100% solid all the way through. Then you can either apply aquatic caulking or a slurry cement over entire foam. Don't be shy and really coat the foam. Apply enough coats as necessary to insure 100% coverage. While the cement or Caulking is curing you can hard press all dry materials such as Coco fiber, vemiculite, wood shavings, stones, and potting soil into the wet uncured material. When it hardens you should have a very nice back drop. Once cured following product manufacture specifications, put it in your tub with a couple cap fulls of vinegar and turn the shower on and let the tank flood and drain for awhile. This should bring the ph levels to neutral.

Ludedor24

FangzTv
Old Timer
I work in the foam business. Once the foam has cured it's 100% inert material . You should be fine :D best of luck on your project