Sad day.

Richard_uk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Today is possible the saddest day of my life so far.

My beloved cat 'tiger' whom I have had for 18 years since I was just nine years old, had to be taken to the vets and put to sleep.
She had become so old that life had become too dificult for her. she coouldn't walk well and was having dificulty breathing. It was a decision I had always hoped I would never have to make. I just thought that maybe I would find her in the garden, having passed away in her sleep or something. Such a huge chunk of me is missing and I don't know how I can cope without her.

Iktomi

Arachnoservant
Old Timer
Man I'm sorry to hear that. I went through a similar thing when my Rotty of 10 and half years had to be put to sleep. He was a huge part of my family, you know? I know I'll never have another dog like him.
When I took him to the vet, I had my girlfriend at the time drive us. I sat in the back seat with Maxwell and fed him chocolates all the way to the vet. I had him privately creamated. (Something I would normally not do.)
Hang in there.
:(

PrincessToad

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I am so sorry to hear that. It is so hard to lose a pet. When my cat died I did find her in the garden and it took me 3 hours to bury her, I just couldn't stop crying. The only thing that gave me some comfort was the fact that I had the best years ever with her by my side and wouldn't change it for the world.
My thoughts are with you.

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
Im so sorry....

Im so sorry :( I lost my cat May 1, 2003, and it still makes me cry. We had her put to sleep at home, and she died in the comfort of my arms. She had a 2 month battle with cancer (cries) and she fought hard, but in the end, it won, but her spirit was still strong. I miss her so much! You never stop missing them. Eventually the good memories will help cover the bad, but the hurt remains. I also have a cat whos 17, and as much as he can be a pain, I love him and I also dread that day.....

Many hugs to you. (whiping tears)

Love,

S_s

"Mina"

Melmoth

ArachnoSweetTalker
Old Timer
Richard,
So sorry to hear of your loss. I still get a lump in my throat when I remember having to take one of our cats to the vets to be put to sleep-feline aids-he was a rescue cat,who had lived feral for a long time.That was 10 years ago.You never forget them,but time heals,albeit very slowly. My thoughts are with you,mate.
George

Richard_uk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks for your kind words everyone.

This week has been terrible, especially today being the first week without her. I had a good sortout through our attick and found all the photo's we had ever taken of her and placed them in an album.
The most upsetting problem is I forget she is gone. When I walk to the top of my stairs, I am carefull not to trip over her, or in my room I have to be careful i don't sit on her because she always used to go to sleep on my chair. When I suddenly realise she is gone I can't help but break down. She is the first significant pet I have ever lost, and regardless of what people might say I feel no different now than the way I did when I lost my grandparents.
I chose not to see her dead. It was something I just couldn't do. My dad took her to the vets after I had said my goodbyes. She is now buried in the garden, with a nice flowering shrub to mark her spot. I will miss her forever but now I realise it was the right thing to do, She wasn't happy.

I love you tiger. Rest in peace baby.

OldHag

ArachnoHag
Old Timer
AAWW dang Im so sorry bout that...I had to put my cat I had for 16yrs to sleep back in October and Im still seeing him in the hallway or panicing that I left the door open or that I forgot to feed him.... :( Its cool that she had someone like you to love her enough to let her stop suffering...it takes HUGE amounts of courage to do that!! I respect you very much!!!
Michelle

DarkRAM

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Sorry for your lost Richard, I'm sure Tiger had a grandious time with you and no doubt it was well spent. :) I'm sure Bast is taking good care of her now.

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
Aww, now youve got me crying....I feel so bad for you because Ive been there.. :(