S. subspinipes vs S. dehanni

Bill S

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Got some very small centipedes today - labeled as S. subspinipes, but I'm not sure on the accuracy of the ID. How do I tell the difference between subspinipes and dehanni?

NYAN

Arachnoking
Post a photo please. If it was under $50 it is more likely a dehanni also.

Bill S

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If I get a good photo I'll post it. I've got one adult (believed to be the mother of the babies) and several babies. No money was involved, so I don't have a price to quote. They were labeled as "Vietnamese giants" and "Scolopendra subspinipes". Based on some pics I've seen I was leaning towards dehanni. I suspect they were labeled as subspinipes based on dehanni having previously been a subspecies of subspinipes. The babies have yellow legs and a red head - but the mother is brown with yellowish legs.

NYAN

Arachnoking
If I get a good photo I'll post it. I've got one adult (believed to be the mother of the babies) and several babies. No money was involved, so I don't have a price to quote. They were labeled as "Vietnamese giants" and "Scolopendra subspinipes". Based on some pics I've seen I was leaning towards dehanni. I suspect they were labeled as subspinipes based on dehanni having previously been a subspecies of subspinipes. The babies have yellow legs and a red head - but the mother is brown with yellowish legs.
Sounds like dehanni for a few reasons. First they are labeled as Vietnamese giant centipede, which is usually in the U.S a synonym for dehanni. Second, the babies description matches what a dehanni looks like as pling stage. Orange head and black body with yellow legs.