S. subspinipes in premolt

CopperInMyVeins

Arachnolord
Old Timer
After well over a month of not seeing my "Mau Chau" I wake up this morning to this, so odd looking, like it's been cooked, I hope the molt goes well since I'll be out for a while now.

Tarantula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Are you sure that isnt a crayfish? lol

Nice pics btw! Plz take a pic when it has molted. :)

Tony92

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Certainly hope it is in pre-molt, one of my S subspinipes barbados pedelings is actually shedding as I type this, but in pedelings its a quick affair with no pre-warning, only got 2 big pedes here one subspinipes & a gigantea so will have to watch for the signs of pre-molt, dont know if it's the flash exagerating the moisture content in the pic of yours, but I've decided to keep my pedes substrate moist rather than on the wet side, mainly as a prelude to keep the mite/fungal problem at bay.

jayer10

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Now i can finally look at what my pede's gonna look like before it molt. I don't have to keep worrying about if it's in premolt or not. Very nice picture. Did it end up molting at the surface or somewhere else?

bistrobob85

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I hope that's a premolt... I've never seen a sc.subspinipes in such shape before molting but they do look very different before they do... Both your pics are great :). Keep us updated...

phil.