S. polymorpha ?

PoPpiLLs

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Anybody got any idea the average life spine S. polymorpha. Why would it be missing its terminal legs ? My wife got it for me from are local petshop came with the tank and a plastic skull for 39.99$ You know i had to rehouse it because it was in a small kk and its about 4 1\2" - 5" its in a large kk with 70% peat and 30% potting soil and a large shallow water dish ony comes out late a night I never see it in the daytime crickets just dissapear has a hole lot of tunnels it likes to poke its head out of or sometimes or just its antenas

Crickets are too scared to leave off that piece of bark they don't explore the caves either ;P

Last edited:

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
the term legs are used in offense/defense... most cents offered up for sale are WC, so who knows what kind of crazy (mis)adventure cost it its fighting legs?

as for average lifespan

i have babies i hatched (didn't breed them, gravid mamma i caught) that are almost a year old now and the longest is barely 2" and still looks pretty puny.

i also have a giant that is about 6-7" long (not counting terms or ants) that i bought... 18+ months ago. it just had a bad molt and is in bad shape... but that was my fault and i kick myself for it every day

so kind of interpolating from those to data points... i would say they live 6+ years, depending on conditions etc

also, check this kind of general guide out that Steven (you'll be very familiar with that name if you are in centipede forums much =P ) made.
http://forum.scolopendra.de/viewtopic.php?t=594
that's a .de german board, but this post is in english. there is one he made on here, but the german board is easier for me to get to :)