S. morsitans - breeding

skolopender

Arachnopeon
Hi Folks,

as you can see in my signature i have 2 morsitans. I didn't saw one of them for about 4 months, so i decided to take a look if it's still alive or not.
So i digged for a while and - what a surprise - she was still alive and kept some eggs in her legs !

I took her out of the tank and moved her into another, smaller tank to have control if the plings will come out of the eggs - i know, that their mom will keep them for a while between her legs and that i should move her out if the plings will move away from her, but i don't know how long it takes from the egg to the pling !?

Does anybody knowes that, resp. is there anything furhter to take care ?

Thx for your replies !

P.S.: sorry for my bad English :8o

aftershock

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hey! First of all, congratulations! Try not to disturb her. Take it easy when you moist the substrate. If stressed she might eat her eggs. When the plings hatch, they will stay with their mother for about 1-1,5 month. From egg to pling, about 3-6 weeks, depending on what species. Send fatbloke a PM. He's had morsitans pedelings before.

Take care and good luck!

fatbloke

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
skolopender

congratulations on the eggs it takes about 30 days for the eggs to hatch then its about another 30 days for the pedelings to start leaving the mother once they stay away from her is when i seperate them from her what you should of done was left her in the original tank as pedes will eat the eggs at the slightist disturbance let us know how the eggs go

fatbloke

skolopender

Arachnopeon
@fatbloke + aftershock
many thanks for your informations; i hope that the remove from her tank into the smaller box wasn't too much disturbing.
So i have to look within the next 2-3 weeks to see if they got plings already.

@gongyles
i don't want to disterb her too much, so i will poste a pic after the "eggs became plings";)