1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S. maurus care help please!

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by vwcorrado16v, Oct 10, 2017.

1. vwcorrado16v

vwcorrado16v Arachnopeon

Oxford
    Advertisement
    Hi all,

My brother is very into scorpions, he has a couple of H. spinifer which are doing great, I have found him a scorpion online that I'd like to get him as a present. It's a S. maurus and I was wondering if you guys could just confirm what the care requirements are?

I've tried to do research but there is a lot of conflicting information so I would be very grateful for you guys input as you are the people that care for them!

Thanks very much,
    Mick

2. pannaking22

pannaking22 Arachnoking Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. RTTB

RTTB Arachnoprince Active Member

Bone dry desert environment. Deep sand/clay substrate and pieces of cork laid flat or lightweight rock for them to start a burrow under. Keep on the warm side but no undertank heat source.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. vwcorrado16v

vwcorrado16v Arachnopeon

Oxford
    Thanks mate, any temp range? can I use a heat lamp?

5. RTTB

RTTB Arachnoprince Active Member

You could on one side of the enclosure. Temp in the 80s is about right.

6. ArachnoDrew

ArachnoDrew Arachnoprince Active Member

They're from north africa and the middle East. So temperatures between 80°F - 90°+ will be fine

They're Found in very deep burrows in deserts and occasionally sparse woodland Its habit of creating very deep burrows (up to 1 metre deep) means that in captivity this scorpion is often happiest with higher Humidity sand that is deep will be moist, thereby creating a comparatively humid burrow.

7. Collin Clary

Collin Clary Arachnobaron Arachnosupporter

• Like Like x 1