S. masaensis tagged me

MikeofBorg

Arachnosquire
It happened because I got complacent. It never eats the back legs of the crickets, guess its a white meat scorpion. Anyway I went to pick up the legs which I usually do with tongs and thought he was further back in it's hide. Grabbed a leg and it ran out from the hide and nailed me on the finger. The pain was startling at first. Somewhat like sticking your finger on a hot soldering iron. Within 3 minutes it was a dull pain and my finger bit tight and swollen. Its been 4 hours and still a small dull pain and my finger is a little stiff. Other than that it wasn't too awful bad. Tongs for now for clean up. It wasn't a nasty sting, but I still don't want another one.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Not using the tongs - :banghead: - for remove... cricket legs? Muahahahah, no 'fence man but I find this funny :playful:

MikeofBorg

Arachnosquire
Not using the tongs - :banghead: - for remove... cricket legs? Muahahahah, no 'fence man but I find this funny :playful:
None taken LOL. I was being lazy, all I had to do was open the drawer right under his enclosure and grab them. Though he was back further in his hide, but he came right to entrance once I opened the top. I can grab bolus with my Ts and they just move away, except my H. lividum (Cobalt Blue Tarantula). She has calmed down now that she can burrow. I would still never stick my unprotected hand in her enclosure though. My A. avicularia, A seemanni, A chalcode and B hamorii (sling) just calmly walk away when I open their enclosures. My Cobalt Blue used to be a jerk, but now with 9 inches of sub to burrow in she has way calmed down.

AngelDeVille

Fuk Da Meme Police
It’s a good thing it’s a milder species...

I have some heavy hitters in the mail... no room for error... several sets of tongs stay out at all times.

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
@MikeofBorg
Just be thankful it was a very mild scorpion that got you and not the 10+ that ive been stung by over the years leiurus quinquestriatus is NOT a good 1 to be stung by .... my pinky finger reminds me every day for 2 years now
Also I don't believe the sting reports work anymore you post it in the review+ report section now which makes no sense at all

NYAN

Arachnoking
@MikeofBorg
Just be thankful it was a very mild scorpion that got you and not the 10+ that ive been stung by over the years leiurus quinquestriatus is NOT a good 1 to be stung by .... my pinky finger reminds me every day for 2 years now
Also I don't believe the sting reports work anymore you post it in the review+ report section now which makes no sense at all

I had mine posted. I made a thread detailing it and a mod moved it. Do you have any of those sting reports recorded, would be interesting to read. What instar was the lq that tagged you? Did you need medical attention?

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
I had mine posted. I made a thread detailing it and a mod moved it. Do you have any of those sting reports recorded, would be interesting to read. What instar was the lq that tagged you? Did you need medical attention?
Quite a few of my stings are in the old sting reports but the LQ sting happened after the format changed on here so i never posted a sting report of it
I didn't get treatment for the sting because there's really not much that can be done for it as far as I know
it was a 4th instar LQ that got me
id hate to see what an adult would do to me but it is a great reminder when I deal with them now since they're all adults now
I'm currently keeping 9 species of leiurus so i hope I never get tagged again lol

MikeofBorg

Arachnosquire
@MikeofBorg
For sure. My dumb butt was picking up death stalker Scorpions while deployed in the Middle East. I was pretty reckless in my 20s. Never got stung but I have some pics of my holding one by the tail I need to covert to digital. That and I loved messing with those lizards with the big spiky tail. Can’t remember their name. They would smack humvee tires with that tail if they were under it when it started. Also all the soldiers believed the camel spider stories. While I was there catching and looking at them. The other joes thought I was nuts. I guess I was picking up death stalkers. I think a field guide would have nice to have back then. Hehe

AngelDeVille

Fuk Da Meme Police
Uromastyx was the lizard! Love those things!

I'm not sure if I'm more scared of the L. jordanensi or the P. transvaalicus .

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
For sure. My dumb butt was picking up death stalker Scorpions while deployed in the Middle East. I was pretty reckless in my 20s. Never got stung but I have some pics of my holding one by the tail I need to covert to digital. That and I loved messing with those lizards with the big spiky tail. Can’t remember their name. They would smack humvee tires with that tail if they were under it when it started. Also all the soldiers believed the camel spider stories. While I was there catching and looking at them. The other joes thought I was nuts. I guess I was picking up death stalkers. I think a field guide would have nice to have back then. Hehe
Picking up LQ's by the tail is probably the least likely way to get stung and they usually go kinda limp on ya when you pick them up
They don't have really strong tails as compared to androctonus or parabuthus which can literally spin their tail and still sting you while holding them

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
Uromastyx was the lizard! Love those things!

I'm not sure if I'm more scared of the L. jordanensi or the P. transvaalicus .
Don't be scared of either be respectful , cautious and careful - yep you heard that from a hypocrite who's been stung too many times for being careless and stupid lol

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
@Scorpionluva you have permanent damage to your finger from an LQ sting?
Yeah i got stung on the tip of my left pinky finger and it still feels like a hot needle is stuck in it almost 2 years later
If I bump it lightly - it's extremely painful
Constant reminder of my own stupidity and I'll never let it happen again

Vinny2915

Arachnosquire
Yeah i got stung on the tip of my left pinky finger and it still feels like a hot needle is stuck in it almost 2 years later
If I bump it lightly - it's extremely painful
Constant reminder of my own stupidity and I'll never let it happen again
That is rough. RIP

Ethan5025

Arachnopeon
I’ve been hit once ever I’ve been keeping and freehandeling for the better part of 10 years started as a teen . In early 2019 I was hit by a h.j I owned, extremely pain full for about 5 hours the after effects last years tho. my finger is still puffy The nerve damage is still there. no pain but front half of my finger has a numb/tingling feeling that never left and the whole finger is still 1.5 x bigger then it use to be. I think there’s permanent damage that your gonna get with any good envenomation.