S heros bite report

vyadha

Arachnosquire
I tried posted in the bite report section but I guess I have insufficient privileges

Intentional bite

Scolopendra heros castaniceps 0.1.0

6.5”BL

10:24 bites 5-6 times below first knuckle of left pinky finger

10:30 halo around bite site. Bruising where forcipules punctured

10:35 very mild pain around bite site

10:43 spikes of heat near bite site

10:45 very mild throbbing on left lateral wrist

10:50 throbbing slightly increases from affected finger to wrist. Utility is not compromised. Typing normally.

11:00 pain increased to a 3/10

Finger is moving normally. Slightly swollen at bite site. Warmth increases around bite site when moving finger.

Odd, but it feels that that the 5th metacarpal and capitate bones are affected.

11:05 pain increases to a 4/10 along with more heat in generalized area. Movement of the area seems to briefly alleviate discomfort.

11:10 pain at distal wrist increases. Noticeably uncomfortable. Tingling and lots of heat at bite site

11:25 pain increased a lot. Pinky to distal wrist throbbing and radiates of pain. 5/10

Constantly making a fist and stretching fingers. Movement feel better. Acute stinging sensation at bite site. Base of pinky is very tight but not very swollen.

11:40 Pain is enough to be distracting. Feels worse at pisiform bone. Very surprised at the bone pain.Still no compromise of movement. Slight tenderness at bite site.

12:00 pain seems to be subsiding. Still uncomfortable enough to self medicate with a dose.

Swelling has increased to include ring finger knuckle.

Movement has yet to be compromised.

12:10 still painful but definitely decreased. No THC yet.

If this is a medium strength species when it comes to venom, I dont want to try any of the Asian pedes. I feel like I could have gone to work (Summer break!) and run errands and go about my day, but it was very uncomfortable. The bone pain was very surprising

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
Rename the video to "BITTEN BY A GIANT DESERT CENTIPEDE" so the Coyote pack can see how a real man handles a heros bite...

As a side note, this report is almost identical to a bite from a Scolopendra morsitans I took a while back (the only time I've been bitten by a morsitans - foolishly, I held it after I'd been cutting up meat). The most shocking thing about my bite was that the pede was only about 8cm long.

Pinchednerve

Arachnosquire
I had a buddy get bit in front of me by an asian Centipede, with in 20 mins we were on our way to the ER ....was not fun at all

Attachments

Taffy

Arachnoknight
I tried posted in the bite report section but I guess I have insufficient privileges

Intentional bite

Scolopendra heros castaniceps 0.1.0

6.5”BL

10:24 bites 5-6 times below first knuckle of left pinky finger

10:30 halo around bite site. Bruising where forcipules punctured

10:35 very mild pain around bite site

10:43 spikes of heat near bite site

10:45 very mild throbbing on left lateral wrist

10:50 throbbing slightly increases from affected finger to wrist. Utility is not compromised. Typing normally.

11:00 pain increased to a 3/10

Finger is moving normally. Slightly swollen at bite site. Warmth increases around bite site when moving finger.

Odd, but it feels that that the 5th metacarpal and capitate bones are affected.

11:05 pain increases to a 4/10 along with more heat in generalized area. Movement of the area seems to briefly alleviate discomfort.

11:10 pain at distal wrist increases. Noticeably uncomfortable. Tingling and lots of heat at bite site

11:25 pain increased a lot. Pinky to distal wrist throbbing and radiates of pain. 5/10

Constantly making a fist and stretching fingers. Movement feel better. Acute stinging sensation at bite site. Base of pinky is very tight but not very swollen.

11:40 Pain is enough to be distracting. Feels worse at pisiform bone. Very surprised at the bone pain.Still no compromise of movement. Slight tenderness at bite site.

12:00 pain seems to be subsiding. Still uncomfortable enough to self medicate with a dose.

Swelling has increased to include ring finger knuckle.

Movement has yet to be compromised.

12:10 still painful but definitely decreased. No THC yet.

If this is a medium strength species when it comes to venom, I dont want to try any of the Asian pedes. I feel like I could have gone to work (Summer break!) and run errands and go about my day, but it was very uncomfortable. The bone pain was very surprising
you got off pretty easy from an S. heros bite.