S. hardwickei eggs (again)

ophiophagus

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Awesome awesome awesome!!!! High five for you man. Great job and I really hope they are fertile and hatch. I really really want one of these but if I remember correctly you are not in the US. What a bummer

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Awesome awesome awesome!!!! High five for you man. Great job and I really hope they are fertile and hatch. I really really want one of these but if I remember correctly you are not in the US. What a bummer
Cheers. Yeah, I'm not, but if successful I'll put the pedelings up for sale here anyway. :)

Last edited:

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
congrats! hope they are good eggs:) yeah i would love to some aswell,such an awesome pede

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
good work mate, are hardwickei paticulary hard to raise or is it more just pedes in general?
Actually in my experience S. hardwickei has been by far the easiest species to maintain in captivity, even more so than S. subspinipes. But yes, I would say centipedes in general are, in many ways, more difficult to keep than tarantulas.

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thanks for commenting everyone. I'll post updates in this thread as they come along, over the next couple of months.

KyuZo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Great job, Gavin. hopefully everything will go well and we'll look forward to see them in market soon. i'm guessing somewhere this late december to early January.

Androctonus_bic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Actually in my experience S. hardwickei has been by far the easiest species to maintain in captivity, even more so than S. subspinipes. But yes, I would say centipedes in general are, in many ways, more difficult to keep than tarantulas.
Yes totally agree withthis opinion.

In other hand, very nice picture and have a good luck with it.

How is it doing now?

Cheers
Carles

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Excellent! I'm assuming she wasn't mated again? Gotta love sperm retention. I'll bet you hang on to more plings this time, haha.

KyuZo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Excellent! I'm assuming she wasn't mated again? Gotta love sperm retention. I'll bet you hang on to more plings this time, haha.
i think that you missed the thread where he posted a video of the courtship, but yeah, this female was paired up with a male.

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Ah, OK. Forgot about that. I was thinking it was a carryover from the last mating.

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yeah, I think I will. But no this isn't the same female as the one that gave me a clutch last year; this is one half of a pair I mated in September:

[YOUTUBE]OVsrrsX50yA[/YOUTUBE]

Anyway, just an update: today makes it 7 days since I discovered her on eggs (certainly longer since she laid them, probably 10 days) and mommy's still going strong. Not going to jump to any hasty conclusions though.

Leviticus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Can't wait until these guys are ready, absolutely the most stunning species of pede in my personal opinion, though there are many others that are quite gorgeous.