Rotten Wood and Reproduction

All About Arthropods

Arachnoknight
Hello!
I was wondering about something, do Thai Rainbow millipedes require rotten wood in their diet for reproduction? Even though I do live near a couple forests, rotten wood is still not exactly an easily found material and I don't like the thought of purchasing wood as needed, so I wanted to know whether it was absolutely required for them before I started another breeding effort.

On the same topic, does anyone know about any millipede species besides C.spinigerus that will breed without rotten wood? :)

kjgalaxy

Arachnosquire
My bumblebees have been prolific without rotten wood. I only have some cork bark in there. I've mixed in fermented sawdust and small chips of wood. I periodically mix in fish pellets for the babies.

All About Arthropods

Arachnoknight
My bumblebees have been prolific without rotten wood. I only have some cork bark in there. I've mixed in fermented sawdust and small chips of wood. I periodically mix in fish pellets for the babies.
Ah, I had forgotten about them! lol I can definitely imagine that they'd do splendid without rotten wood since they even seem to do well simply in the soil of potted plants. lol

LawnShrimp

Arachnoangel
T. corrallinus Scarlet millipedes are also mainly leaf-dependent, but that's all I can think of for the US. A shame that most things larger than bumblebees don't do well without wood.

All About Arthropods

Arachnoknight
If anyone's curious, I ended up finding out that the Apeuthes sp. (Thai Rainbows) thankfully don't require rotten wood for reproduction. :)