1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rosea keeps digging

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by jmm1213, Aug 15, 2006.

1. jmm1213

jmm1213 Arachnosquire

Advertisement
    i gave my rose hair a half of a tree(an artificial arch) and she just keeps digging. is this normal? she just lays webbing and then pulls it out. is she try to dig to darkness. you can see her through the glass. i was just wondering if she was going to molt or something weird. but any information will help. i am not worried though.:?

2. Fingolfin

Fingolfin Arachnoangel

Digging under the tree? Or just in the substrate? How many inches of substrate do you have? I have read that G. roseas will burrow on occasion...

3. spid142

spid142 Arachnobaron

My rosie dug out a pretty big burrow under a large rock I gave her, and expanded it in 2 directions, this was about 9-10 inches of soil. I have since moved her into another enclosure and she hasnt been digging yet, but they can.

4. Cirith Ungol

Cirith Ungol Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies Old Timer

There is no real telling why she's digging. You havn't lost a superworm in the tank or anything?

Good at least that you're not worried ;)